Worth the upgrade?

NerdNational

The biggest difference in my opinion is the fact that the Nano (or Tetra) won't have the same focus anymore when it comes to upgrades and features. If you want to ride the wave of the future when it comes to the WiFi Pineapple, I guess there's no other option than going with the Mark VII. The interface has gotten new features that will most likely never become available on the Nano or Tetra. The community support will most likely remain (at least for some time) for the Nano and Tetra but I think it will tilt over towards a more active community for the Mark VII, especially since the Hak5 team also will spend their non sleeping hours on the Mark VII platform rather than the Mark VI platform. I'm a Nano owner but I will shift to the Mark VII when I have time for it. I'll let others explore the new found land first 🙂

I have never experienced any issues with my Nano, but I have noticed that there are comments of various kinds related to problems with the Nano. I haven't dug any deeper though in trying to understand if those complaints are related to actual platform problems or lack of knowledge about the platform. Some (SD card related) seems to be known platform problems though that is said to be fixed if I understand the ongoing discussion correctly. What kind of problems are you facing with the Nano? Provide a detailed description of your scenario so that the community can try to help you moving forward.

firstly overheating the device has really no fan on it so i have to supply a fan or device to keep it cool otherwise i am worried it will fry its self 2nd is the when following the video on setup i do that but it doesnt seem to connect correctly 

and this seems to be a real issue on the device and lastly the SD card is now stuck inside of the device 😕 

I can't comment on the overheating issues that you have. It isn't anything that I've experienced and I see no real need of adding a fan to a design that Hak5 would already have been thinking of when creating the Nano. It should be able to stand the workload without additional cooling.

Since I'm not normally a Windows user, I just hooked up my Nano to a clean and freshly installed Windows 10 Home 64 bit box (with the 2004 release and all updates added) and the Nano identifies itself without any complaints. What version of Windows are you using and have you tried to hook the Nano up to another Windows PC or an alternative OS? Just to make sure that it isn't the Windows box itself that creates your connection problems.

Archived