can't set up using WIRED lan

odeon

HI there,

I want to connect my new P7 to a WIRED lan but can't figure out how to do it.  The setup is as follow:

P7 usbC connected to powered hub for POWER

p7 USB connected to  AMAZON BASICS USB 3.0 gigabit ethernet adapter  plugged into switch to router.

Pi3 model 3 b+  ethernet port plugged into switch to router.

I have successfully connected to the P7 from the pi via the web browser and updated the firmware by downloading via the ethernet on the Pi and UPloading to the P7 as per the EXCELLENT videos ( thanks Darren).  I have set up the P7 with the ssid's password and can log in via the Pi to the P7

BUT  that's where the wheels come off!!!   I can't get the P7 working via the ethernet port at all.

My xfinitywifi is NOT showing up on the P7 list so I can't login to anything to enable wifi but IS showing up on the Pi3

ALSO I reboot the Pi  connected  DIRECTLY to the P7 using the USBc connection. I can use the browser to login BUT within a few seconds I get  a message " you are no longer connected to this pineapple"   THEN the blue light on the P7 keeps blinking ( reboot??) and the web root/password just keeps cycling.

SO can someone tell me how to set this up please?  I can't even figure out how to determine if my AMAZON ethernet device is working with the P7. I know it works on my laptop so that's not the problem

ANY help would be great.

On 9/18/2020 at 6:43 PM, odeon said:

ALSO I reboot the Pi  connected  DIRECTLY to the P7 using the USBc connection. I can use the browser to login BUT within a few seconds I get  a message " you are no longer connected to this pineapple"   THEN the blue light on the P7 keeps blinking ( reboot??) and the web root/password just keeps cycling.

Sounds like a power issue. Can you put an active hub between the pi and de p7?

Archived