Has anyone successfully added the Mark 7 to C2?

MegaDace

We have a device.config that worked for the Tetra but not for the mark 7. There's nothing in the documentation except a little thing at the end of upgrading the firmware through USB and tlaking about uploading a config.text file. Can anyone guide me through adding to C2?

By the way, "video guides" are not going to cut it. Documentation is really lacking on this which is very disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

First at all, i liked more the Tetra Mark VI as design, but we need to move on 🙂

This week finally arrived my Mark VII and like all of you, I tried to connect to Cloud C2. I made this:

1) I create a instance on AWS, open all the ports (80, 443, 8080 and 2022) and SSH 22 only for me, of course.

2) I configured the c2 as service (but without SSL because my domain provider don't work with Let's Encrypt)

3) I test all the connections and everything is running well. I made a NMAP scan to be sure that all the 4 ports are open. Everything is fine.

4) So, finally, I access the Hak5 Cloud C2 Dashboard > Devices > Add Device (+) and now the first Problem: Only WiFi Pineapple NANO & TETRA as Device Type

5) I access the device and click on SETUP. I download the device.config and connect to Pineapple Mark VII

6) On the Pineapple Mark VII setup I choose the device.config file, made the upload and after this I see the message that says: Cloud C2 Enrolled. To access and control the MK7, I need to delete the file and reboot (using a red button on that splash page)

The problem is: I tried to do the same using my local network, nothing. I already deleted that device.config file 9 times and the result is always the same.

So, I need help or some information if its not possible make this enrollment right now and we have to wait. 

By the way, the changes made in the MK7 compared with MK6 Tetra are impressive. The low number of modules and the AC module not available are the problems that I see right now (and the C2)    

26 minutes ago, L3N1 said:

By the way, the changes made in the MK7 compared with MK6 Tetra are impressive. The low number of modules and the AC module not available are the problems that I see right now (and the C2)    

That is why I'm waiting; but there is a funny thing about this doc this page.

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360053346334-Setup-Basics

# Hak5 Cloud C2 Configuration #
#########################################################################################
ENABLE_C2=1

I don't know where it is the interface 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, L3N1 said:

Hi everyone,

First at all, i liked more the Tetra Mark VI as design, but we need to move on 🙂

This week finally arrived my Mark VII and like all of you, I tried to connect to Cloud C2. I made this:

1) I create a instance on AWS, open all the ports (80, 443, 8080 and 2022) and SSH 22 only for me, of course.

2) I configured the c2 as service (but without SSL because my domain provider don't work with Let's Encrypt)

3) I test all the connections and everything is running well. I made a NMAP scan to be sure that all the 4 ports are open. Everything is fine.

4) So, finally, I access the Hak5 Cloud C2 Dashboard > Devices > Add Device (+) and now the first Problem: Only WiFi Pineapple NANO & TETRA as Device Type

5) I access the device and click on SETUP. I download the device.config and connect to Pineapple Mark VII

6) On the Pineapple Mark VII setup I choose the device.config file, made the upload and after this I see the message that says: Cloud C2 Enrolled. To access and control the MK7, I need to delete the file and reboot (using a red button on that splash page)

The problem is: I tried to do the same using my local network, nothing. I already deleted that device.config file 9 times and the result is always the same.

So, I need help or some information if its not possible make this enrollment right now and we have to wait. 

I realize we should have been clearer about this, but the current version of the Hak5 Cloud C2 (2.2.0 and below) does not support the Mark 7. Support for the Mark 7 will be coming in an update to the Hak5 Cloud C2 on September 28th 2020.

image.png

13 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

I realize we should have been clearer about this, but the current version of the Hak5 Cloud C2 (2.2.0 and below) does not support the Mark 7. Support for the Mark 7 will be coming in an update to the Hak5 Cloud C2 on September 28th 2020.

image.png

We'll, I need to get my eyes checked. Oh wait I have. Or need to look a little more.

14 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

image.png

Thanks Foxtrot,

You are absolutely right. This information is very important and write on a footnote with the * is not the right way to inform 🙂

Imagine the number of topics about this that could be avoided with a single pop-up or even a text on this page. Like Jtyle6, I have good eyes but this is the first time that I'm seeing this information. 🙂 
OK, better like this because 28 september is TODAY!!!!

So, my question now is:  We will need to reinstall the Cloud C2 server (I installed yesterday) or we can just make a update inside the C2? 

MK7.jpg

5 hours ago, L3N1 said:

because 28 september is TODAY!!!! 

Time zones exist. Unless you are movie studio. Example that Fast and Furious spin off.

5 hours ago, L3N1 said:

So, my question now is:  We will need to reinstall the Cloud C2 server (I installed yesterday) or we can just make a update inside the C2? 

Na, you will be prompted to update.

48 minutes ago, Jtyle6 said:

Time zones exist. Unless you are movie studio. Example that Fast and Furious spin off.

Na, you will be prompted to update.

Sorry about that. I'm in Italy and here I'm 6 hours in your future...  But now in US the time is 08:08 but there not any prompt to click and the last C2 version to download is 

2.2.0-stable

So, let's wait ...

Archived