PKMID Attack with Pineapple Mark VII?

NoPineapplePizza

10 minutes ago, NoPineapplePizza said:

Anyone able to help me through the PKMID Attach with a Pineapple Mark  VII?   Tried instructions for the Nano here, but was unable to install hcxtools.  Thanks!

https://forums.hak5.org/topic/44213-pmkid-attack-on-wifi-pineapples/

Sorry  PMKID attack.

10 minutes ago, NoPineapplePizza said:

• 1 month later...

The link you mentioned is a bit outdated, its no surprise it wont work. I don't own a mark 7, cant make a detailed tutorial. 

hcxpcaptool -z test.16800 test.pcapng 

This wont work as it was an older script. A good example is:

hcxpcapngtool -o test.22000 test.pcapng

use hcxpcapngtool -h for more info.. 

The hashcat command should also be changed of course, use hashcat -h to learn more.

Best of luck

I got hcxdumptool installed just fine. The rest of the install throws an error about unknown package "hcxtools" but all you really need is the dumptool on the pineapple.  You can process the output on another computer where the full suite is installed anyway.

Here's what I did if anyone really needs to know.

Make sure that your pineapple has an internet connection.

SSH into your pineapple

ssh root@172.16.42.1

Download and install Git cuz it's not present on the pineapple. Then download the OpenWRT hcxtools package maintained by @Zylla

(githubuser adde88). Finally use the included install script after CDing into the new install directory. 

opkg install git git-http

git clone https://github.com/adde88/hcxtools-hcxdumptool-openwrt.git

cd hcxtools-hcxdumptool-openwrt

./INSTALL.sh

Try it out with something like:

hcxdumptool -o output.pcapng -i wlan1 -t 5 --enable_status=3

I'm trying to write this from memory so please correct me if I hiccuped anywhere.

• 1 year later...

How would you use hcxdumptool filters or BPF to avoid knocking your own device off of the wireless management interface when running hcxdumptool? I am unsure which interface's MAC address to filter to avoid interfering with hcxdumptool's activities while maintaining a wireless management connection. Currently, running hcxdumptool is only working through a wired connection. If I run it while managing the device wireless I am forced to restart the MK7 because the management interface becomes inaccessible. Thanks.

9 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

Have you tried using filterlist_ap and filtermode?

--filterlist_ap=[MAC address of mgmt AP] --filtermode=1

wlan0-1 should be used for the management AP

Thanks for the info, I will try this.

10 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

Have you tried using filterlist_ap and filtermode?

--filterlist_ap=[MAC address of mgmt AP] --filtermode=1

wlan0-1 should be used for the management AP

I tried this but I still get ejected off the management interface when connected wireless via my cell phone. Do I need to add my cell phone to the filter list also using --filterlist_client=<client MAC> ?

I appreciate your help so much, thanks!

26 minutes ago, dogtoe23 said:

I tried this but I still get ejected off the management interface when connected wireless via my cell phone. Do I need to add my cell phone to the filter list also using --filterlist_client=<client MAC> ?

This was my output:image.thumb.png.39544c9679d5488ce22116317989d6d7.png

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2020 at 5:34 PM, whizdumb said:

I got hcxdumptool installed just fine. The rest of the install throws an error about unknown package "hcxtools" but all you really need is the dumptool on the pineapple.  You can process the output on another computer where the full suite is installed anyway.

Here's what I did if anyone really needs to know.

Make sure that your pineapple has an internet connection.

SSH into your pineapple

ssh root@172.16.42.1

Download and install Git cuz it's not present on the pineapple. Then download the OpenWRT hcxtools package maintained by @Zylla

(githubuser adde88). Finally use the included install script after CDing into the new install directory. 

opkg install git git-http

git clone https://github.com/adde88/hcxtools-hcxdumptool-openwrt.git

cd hcxtools-hcxdumptool-openwrt

./INSTALL.sh

Try it out with something like:

hcxdumptool -o output.pcapng -i wlan1 -t 5 --enable_status=3

I'm trying to write this from memory so please correct me if I hiccuped anywhere.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but it looks like it was updated not too long ago. Anyway, when attempting to install, I get 'Unknown package *' and 'Cannot install package *.'

On 6/15/2022 at 11:36 PM, DramaKing said:

Sorry to revive an old thread, but it looks like it was updated not too long ago. Anyway, when attempting to install, I get 'Unknown package *' and 'Cannot install package *.'

Never mind. I forgot to run 'opkg update.'

On 5/13/2022 at 11:12 AM, dogtoe23 said:

After some testing, I only got one PMKID and then had to pull the plug on the Pineapple. I tried button scripts, but nothing seemed to happen. Maybe I need to give the full path to the executable? If I'm understanding the developer correctly from this ticket, --filtermode doesn't have an effect, and BPFs should be used instead. Only hcxdumptool cannot read BPFs, no doubt because the repo only has v. 6.0.5(?), instead of 6.2.6.

Archived