MKVII and 5GHz

ck42

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess that Hak5 are concentrating on their next product, the "Wallet Magpie". It's a collection of promises in a plastic case designed solely to exfiltrate cash from customer's wallets. The only product so far designed to be 100% completed at the time of launch 🙂

wallet_magpie_logo.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

from what I have seen and heard they are having a hard time with inventory due to shortage all over and that has been the delay for 5ghz and the enterprise MK7

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/10/2021 at 12:48 AM, Jtyle6 said:

The chip shortage is still happening.

On 10/10/2021 at 12:48 AM, Jtyle6 said:

The chip shortage is still happening.

There is no actual shortage it's just controlled World reset and a lot of bullshitting. There's plenty of chips for garbage we don't need and things coming out of China but everything but helium miners doesn't get produced anymore because yeah I've got two free helium miners since this supposed chip shortage and I wasn't supposed to get those so long after so the whole narrative is ridiculous and needs overhauled and we need to be free of these covidiots

9 hours ago, DiHydro said:

I ordered mine, hopefully it has instructions in the box, as I am not able to find the install instructions in the docs.

By the looks of the photos that I've seen. It just plugs into the USB A port of the pineapple.

Note: I'm just a MVP.

2 hours ago, dark_pyrro said:

No installation should be needed. Drivers should already be present (make sure to run the latest firmware on the Mark VII). Then select the new interface as recon interface in the Pineapple web GUI (usually wlan3).

So it’s not an internal module to install? That’s not what the illustrations show on the website. I currently have an USB wifi adapter from Alpha that does AC, so I am familiar with the GUI changes.

As far as I've understood it, the USB-C to Type A cable is only supplied with the MK7AC module so that it is possible to use it in a more flexible way with other devices than the Mark VII. In other words, not linked to any functionality of the Mark VII itself, just Hak5 being kind enough to make the AC module more useful in other scenarios/use cases where the Mark VII isn't a part of the setup.

• 2 weeks later...

I already bought the MK7AC but still in transit and will be delivered this week. I found this image on forum and don't seems nothing like a internal board. 

It seems like a ALFA AWUS036ACM, plugged using the USB port. I found the information on this forum that there is a lot of users using the AWUS036ACM, with success and out of the box. If is true, AWUS036ACM can be the best buy solution for the 5GHz limitation. I will try the MK7AC module this week and I will post some images to verify if is really a external module connecting using the USB port.

I'm disapointed because, if is true, in the MK7 product page there's a image showing a wireframe picture of something that seems a internal board and not a external USB module. So, I asked for someone update the info on the site to make it clear to everyone that wants to buy this module, like I did, if possible, with a real product image, like the others boards (LED, Kismet, ...).

Mk7_AC_small.thumb.jpg.718d1041a44459635948fe676fef39f7.jpg

On 1/16/2022 at 2:00 AM, L3N1 said:

I already bought the MK7AC but still in transit and will be delivered this week. I found this image on forum and don't seems nothing like a internal board. 

It seems like a ALFA AWUS036ACM, plugged using the USB port. I found the information on this forum that there is a lot of users using the AWUS036ACM, with success and out of the box. If is true, AWUS036ACM can be the best buy solution for the 5GHz limitation. I will try the MK7AC module this week and I will post some images to verify if is really a external module connecting using the USB port.

I'm disapointed because, if is true, in the MK7 product page there's a image showing a wireframe picture of something that seems a internal board and not a external USB module. So, I asked for someone update the info on the site to make it clear to everyone that wants to buy this module, like I did, if possible, with a real product image, like the others boards (LED, Kismet, ...).

Mk7_AC_small.thumb.jpg.718d1041a44459635948fe676fef39f7.jpg

I can confirm that the AC module does fit and function like the photo you posted. I also have a separate Alfa adapter, and the MKVII module is quite a bit smaller and integrates into the Pineapple better. I agree with you that the information on the module is scarce and not very helpful. 

On the upside, I now have two 5GHz capable adapters, so I can watch two separate bands at once!

Archived