New version

p28312

Exactly what I was thinking, especially as the firmware download for the Mk VII is v1.0.0 and not 2.8.0 or 3.0.0.

If the Mk VIs have "gone legacy" I feel sorry for who handed over their hard earned cash only last month because Hak5 were offering "birthday discounts" such as nearly 50% off a Tetra. If Mk VI development / bug fixing stops now it will look like that was just a ruse to shift stock before it became obsolete only a matter of weeks later. I really hope that's not the case...

So, Hak5, when's EOL for the MK VI Pineapples?

Support for the Mark VI generation will conclude when the devices reach the end of their 5-year lifecycle. Until then, they will continue to receive critical bug fixes—as they have with over 50 firmware upgrades to date.

Module submissions will stay open, so developers may continue to enhance the platform. The Hak5 infrastructure will continue to host community modules for over-the-air downloads. Should industry-wide changes occur impacting our ability to securely offer module downloads (such as the TLS updates which rendered OTA module downloads infeasible for Mark IV devices) then side-load documentation will be published at docs.hak5.org

The WiFi Pineapple NANO and WiFi Pineapple TETRA will continue to operate within the scope of their initial design—and then some, having received 10 major feature releases since introduction in 2015.

We will continue to serve all firmware versions, from 1.0.0–current, at downloads.hak5.org

thanks, so to be clear the nano is done at 2.7.x?  I would argue (respectfully) that its not operating as initially designed as the sd card functionality is broken..so it would be great to get it to a stable version before putting it out to pasture. if not it sounds like rolling back a few versions is the best/only option.

16 hours ago, Darren Kitchen said:

Support for the Mark VI generation will conclude when the devices reach the end of their 5-year lifecycle...

... since introduction in 2015...

When is the 5-year lifecycle counted from? If it is the initial release date in 2015 then critical bug-fixing stops around now.

All I am trying to ascertain is Hak5's planned End of Support date for the MK VI's (i.e. when all Pineapple dev resources are finally transitioned to the MK VII only). I understand it has to happen, just wondering when.

i just got the nano. cant use the damn thing because of the sd card. but im loyal and i already bought the 7 and 2 omg cables. i need my stuff to work

im new at this and it doesnt help the learnining curve when this shits going on. 

help please. 

come on i just shelled out a bunch of cash and the item ive spent every optional hour learning to use wont work. do you know how frustrating that is. honestly im pissed. 

On 9/11/2020 at 10:01 PM, Darren Kitchen said:

December 18, 2020

I don't really like the fact, that the thing is still the newest one in August 2020, and the "support lifecycle" ends with December 2020...

I bought mine around one year ago, so it's lifespan is a bit more than 15 months...

I ordered a Mark VII already, but I am still not happy to read this date here.

I think it should offer at least 2 years after ending sales. Just image having bought it 3 weeks ago...

Edit: I understand it's stopping to work in december.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/11/2020 at 9:01 PM, Darren Kitchen said:

There is a SD card patch that is currently being tested for the WiFi Pineapple NANO to address an issue caused by a malfunction in some automatically generated fstab configurations.

Is this patch still being tested / developed?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 12:35 AM, Darren Kitchen said:

Support for the Mark VI generation will conclude when the devices reach the end of their 5-year lifecycle. Until then, they will continue to receive critical bug fixes—as they have with over 50 firmware upgrades to date.

Module submissions will stay open, so developers may continue to enhance the platform. The Hak5 infrastructure will continue to host community modules for over-the-air downloads. Should industry-wide changes occur impacting our ability to securely offer module downloads (such as the TLS updates which rendered OTA module downloads infeasible for Mark IV devices) then side-load documentation will be published at docs.hak5.org

The WiFi Pineapple NANO and WiFi Pineapple TETRA will continue to operate within the scope of their initial design—and then some, having received 10 major feature releases since introduction in 2015.

We will continue to serve all firmware versions, from 1.0.0–current, at downloads.hak5.org

Hello,

It's just a bit of a shame...

I bought the tactical elite field kit less than 6 months ago. With it came a pineapple tetra which has just a few more months of updates.

If I had known the Mark7 was coming out soon, I would have waited a few more months 😕

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2020 at 9:01 PM, Darren Kitchen said:

There is a SD card patch that is currently being tested for the WiFi Pineapple NANO to address an issue caused by a malfunction in some automatically generated fstab configurations.

The above was posted in SEP20. Is the SD Card patch still being tested / developed?

Archived