WIFI PINEAPPLE MARK VII

L3N1

I already bought the last version but I have some doubts. 

First, I saw that the new MK7 don't have 5Ghz capability and we need to buy an AC module. If I understood well, the MK7AC Module is a board to install inside the MK7, right? We can also connect a AWUS036ACM to do the same thing, but like this for me is too much to manage. 

Another question: What is the Kismet Case Mod? I understood that was a case only, to replace the original MK7 black case, but the 3 antennas are on the same side. How is possible?

I will appreciate if someone can answer this questions :)

Thanks.

5 hours ago, WPA2 said:

I guess the no internal 5Ghz is to keep the cost's down, Sadly i think this is a big drawback for me.

$99 is def a competitive price for the rest of the products as well as in the general market..
I really hope Hak5 is not doing the same as Apple does with the USB C adaptors 😕

You cant complain relly with a $99 router 😜

Also to some extend... 2.4G has better range and it is not a legacy WIFI freq so if you have a victim on 5G 99% is also having 2.4G to connect ... and you also get better range ..
having the latest and greatest technology does not affect or improve the end goal and how the MK7 will perform ...

( saying that ...  it will be great to have 5G in so I dont have to waiste anothrer$15 for post when the module comes out ..... )

9 hours ago, WPA2 said:

I guess the no internal 5Ghz is to keep the cost's down, Sadly i think this is a big drawback for me.

Time will tell how good these are, given how temperamental the older devices was i will be waiting before i purchase one. 

I agree, but could be better if they offer the module on the same day, because now er have to pay 2 shipments if we want the 5G module.  

9 hours ago, WPA2 said:

Time will tell how good these are, given how temperamental the older devices was i will be waiting before i purchase one. 

I had some problems with MK6 (modules, freezes, firmware updates, etc). The main problem for me is the disaligment between the firmware updates and the modules. I had to wait a lot of time and made a downgrade to use Evil Portal, SSLsplit and DWall, for example. But I have to see the new interface and the new framework that was impressive on the Youtube video. 

3 hours ago, L3N1 said:

I had some problems with MK6 (modules, freezes, firmware updates, etc). The main problem for me is the disaligment between the firmware updates and the modules. I had to wait a lot of time and made a downgrade to use Evil Portal, SSLsplit and DWall, for example. But I have to see the new interface and the new framework that was impressive on the Youtube video. 

What firmware of the Tetra are you using?

19 hours ago, L3N1 said:

Another question: What is the Kismet Case Mod? I understood that was a case only, to replace the original MK7 black case, but the 3 antennas are on the same side. How is possible?

Perhaps you will find the answer posted by Dragorn (most likely "Mr Kismet" himself) in the WiFi Pineapple Mark VII section of the forum.

Archived