PineAP not working!

GALAXYCAT

when I try to turn on my pineAP it does the whole little animation with the pineapple for a couple seconds then stops and my pine ap does not turn on. I have tried to reset the tetra by holding the button for five seconds but that doesnt work, I am also using windows right now because my Linux pc is in storage and I found some tutorials on how to do it but only for windows.

I would do a factory reset and do it according to https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471774-Firmware-Recovery but I get stuck on 

From the host PC, configure a static IP address on the WiFi Pineapple facing Ethernet interface to 192.168.1.2 with netmask 255.255.255.0

• For example, in Linux run ifconfig eth1 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 up (where eth1 is the interface name of the WiFi Pineapple).

I am running windows and dont know how to do it on windows, I dont know how to set up a VM and like I said my linux laptop is in storage since I just moved to my new place

For windows, click on the symbol that lets you choose what internet connection you'd like to connect to on the bottom right of your screen.  It should show you're connected to your AP (I'm assuming you're using wifi). Click on "Properties", located to the left of the "Disconnect button". Scroll down until you see "IP Settings" and click edit. "Edit IP settings" should be manual and directly beneath that turn on IPv4. Adjust your settings to input 192.168.1.12 (and the rest of it) and then save. You should be good to go and be able to connect to 192.168.1.1.

Archived