Jump to content

KeyCroc will not connect to C2 since upgrade


brish
 Share

Recommended Posts

Since upgrading to the latest firmware, I have been unable to get my Key Croc to connect to C2. Was there any follow up with this issue or other known aspects about it? 

I have completely reset it. I have tried with multiple internet and wifi connections where I have complete control. The Croc can see (at least ping) the server where C2 is located. All other devices can still connect to C2. I have tested removing the firewall settings on the C2 server. I have removed and created a new device in C2 downloading the updated config. I have removed all aspects of the device.config file and sent it to the Croc with scp from Windows. In all previous cases (including when it worked in the past), I was using arming mode and just copied the device.config file to the root of the Croc in Windows Explorer.

On a side note that may not be related, I have had much more difficulty connecting to wifi since upgrading. Changing the config.txt has not worked immediately. I did find that I could update the wpa_supplicant.conf file which would work. After resetting, I noticed that the connections were easier. However, after I changed the root password, it was not wanting to connect when making changes to the config file. Once I changed it back to the default password, the config.txt file changes seem to work just fine. I have not tested this thoroughly, so it may just be a coincidence. This also did not resolve the issue with C2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I just got my key croc this weekend and had to install it yesterday. When I tested it at home, it worked just fine, but when I installed it in the field, it wouldn't work and I had to troubleshoot for nearly 5 hours. My issue was connecting to wifi. The key croc would record key strokes no problem, but not connect to the C2 server, let alone get a wifi connection.

I was installing on windows and therefore editing my config.txt file in notepad. One user noted I should use notepad++ and make sure the EOF setting is set to Unix. Despite doing that, and factory resetting the device, nothing worked. My wifi pass I used had a special character that the manual says you need to prepend with a backslash. I simply took out the backslashes from the config.txt and it started working no problem. Not sure if this could be a help to anyone that is having wireless issues. 

I'd be happy to try and help anyone that is experiencing a similar issue. It was frustrating, but it helped me learn new concepts, and this key croc a lot better than if it just worked out of the box.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

brish  I am also not able to connect to c2 server  I did get my wifi up and running but it has not once connected to the cloud instance  Also I am having issues with the payloads not executing properly due to the quack strings not executing as I have them written in the notepad script  It is adding characters and not putting characters in and causing teh payload to fail catostrophically   I have had the device for about a week and I am about ready to give up on it  It has been one issue after another

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...