wifi pineapple in germany

-Shu-

12 hours ago, -Shu- said:

Hey, I wanted to ask if the wifi pineapple ist 'legal' in germany and maybe 
whether the customs is a problem or not. Thank you!

tf is that text formatting😂

On 8/12/2020 at 1:58 AM, -Shu- said:

Hey, I wanted to ask if the wifi pineapple ist 'legal' in germany and maybe 
whether the customs is a problem or not. Thank you!

When it comes to legality, I suggest that you get in touch with a lawyer and explain the use case scenario. I can't see why it would be "automatically" illegal, it all comes down to what you are using it for. There are a number of totally legitimate scenarios in which the WiFi Pineapple can be used. When it comes to customs, I can't really see why it would be stopped. I have ordered Hak5 devices from the US (although some years ago now) and it was never any problem at all to get them into the EU in a legal and ordinary fashion. If you are concerned about custom costs, then there are alternatives within EU that sells Hak5 products. Although probably at a slightly higher cost than ordering from the US (including shipping and customs/taxes). I won't link them here since I don't want to be accused of endorsing any specific dealer on the forum.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:49 PM, kuyaya said:

tf is that text formatting😂

😂

2 hours ago, chrizree said:

When it comes to legality, I suggest that you get in touch with a lawyer and explain the use case scenario. I can't see why it would be "automatically" illegal, it all comes down to what you are using it for. There are a number of totally legitimate scenarios in which the WiFi Pineapple can be used. When it comes to customs, I can't really see why it would be stopped. I have ordered Hak5 devices from the US (although some years ago now) and it was never any problem at all to get them into the EU in a legal and ordinary fashion. If you are concerned about custom costs, then there are alternatives within EU that sells Hak5 products. Although probably at a slightly higher cost than ordering from the US (including shipping and customs/taxes). I won't link them here since I don't want to be accused of endorsing any specific dealer on the forum.

Thanks for your advice. When it comes to the "Authorized" resellers, they are really expensive on devices olmost double the price so I wouldn't really want to buy it from them.

Archived