Wifi Pineapple Suddenly All Connections Time Out!

snorlax42

I have had the wifi pineapple nano for two days now. First day I got it to work, had to manually reset firmware to 2.6.2 from 2.7.0 because of microSD card issues. However, when I turned my PC off at the end of the day I had just run a scan and it was working perfectly.

This morning the web browser access times out whenever I try to load.

To breakdown:

SSH connections time out.

Web browser connections time out.

LED light is on and acts normal (same as first day)

I have attempted a simple reboot (LED flickers for a second but I can't see any other differences)

I have attempted factory reset (LED responds but otherwise no change)

This is the end of a full day of troubleshooting, any suggestions of what to do next?

Thanks!

On 8/4/2020 at 3:37 PM, Aaron Outhier said:

Personally, I have had similar issues if the Pineapple wasn’t shutdown properly before disconnecting the power. The file system on the device and/or on the MicroSD card gets corrupted otherwise.

So, instead of Log Out, you Shut Down  unit and wait until it closes, before removing power from unit, is this Correct?

19 minutes ago, Aaron Outhier said:

Yes. Your mileage may vary, but I have had less issues with my pineapple when I do it that way. You can also type “poweroff” from an ssh or serial prompt, or from a C2 remote shell.

Thanks for Explanation!

I just got the nano and I was having problems with getting the SD set up on 2.7.0 so I manually reset the firmware back to 2.6.2. Through that process I had to turn it off and on several times (I'm new to the platform so there was some trial and error). Fortunately I don't need an SD card. The SSH tip helps a lot tho!

Archived