External Antenna Nano

Quintox

Have any you Testers, added an External Antenna to your Nano?  If so, which brand antenna did you use, and

I guess you need 2 antennas, correct? I want to put one outside on my roof.  I am sure being inside you do loose

signal quality.

There is no "internal antenna".  You must use both antennas at all times or you could ruin your nano.  It is never a good idea to run any RF transmitter without a load.  Use the antennas provided.  Putting only one outside on your roof will not work. Putting two outside on your roof might work but they would have to be similarly spaced to when on the Nano. You would also have loss in the feedline to those  antennas, especially if you didn't select the feed line carefully.   It actually would be easier to put the nano and it's antennas up on a pole but take it down to avoid damaging it due to weather.   If you are asking about 2 antennas, read the doc and method of operation a lot more carefully.

Deauthing equipment that is not your own or for which you have no permission is unethical and illegal.   Therefore, it is hard to see a legit reason for you proceed.  I might add that if you do deauth an entire neighborhood the chances of getting caught go way up. I actually know how I would catch you in your little experiment if called upon to do so.   Practice on your own stuff or that of your friends. Do it indoors.

39 minutes ago, Struthian said:

There is no "internal antenna".

The OP didn't say there was.

39 minutes ago, Struthian said:

... but they would have to be similarly spaced to when on the Nano.

Why's that?

41 minutes ago, Struthian said:

Deauthing equipment that is not your own or for which you have no permission is unethical and illegal.   Therefore, it is hard to see a legit reason for you proceed.  I might add that if you do deauth an entire neighborhood the chances of getting caught go way up.

How can one assume from a question on replacement external / outdoor antennas that the OP is going to deauth a neighbourhood?

On 8/1/2020 at 11:49 AM, aethernaut said:

The OP didn't say there was.

Why's that?

How can one assume from a question on replacement external / outdoor antennas that the OP is going to deauth a neighbourhood?

Thanks for your Quote! 

Archived