Cloud C2 Recon Not Working

ToxicPanda

Just setup the Pineapple Tetra with Cloud C2 and the recon module does not work at all.

I have tried factory restore, different methods of sharing internet, setting up on windows and linux, wired vs wireless connection to internet, does not work what so ever. 

Running Cloud C2 2.2.0 Pro Edition, and Pineapple Tetra is running firmware version 2.7.0

I can get it to connect and show up on my Dashboard but the recon module will not work no matter what I try, but if i connect to the pineapple and goto the pineapples web server control panel it works just fine... 

I feel like I would have been better off just getting a RPi4 and connecting that to the internet to run wireshark remotely or something :s 

Love the products, just expected a bit better than this.

(Also a bit disappointed that nothing I purchased came with stickers.. silly, I know, but you are selling hacking tools and we all know  laptop isnt a hacking laptop until it has stickers. )

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2020 at 11:04 PM, ToxicPanda said:

Loot is not being collected automatically, recon doesn't work, probes doesn't work, and neither does clients.

When you start recon on C2 is pineap actually starting on the pineapple? Does recon work ok on the pineapple itself etc?

The only time I've had the issue you're describing here is when the SD hasn't mounted on boot (as my recon path is my sd card)

On 7/13/2020 at 2:25 AM, PanicAcid said:

When you start recon on C2 is pineap actually starting on the pineapple? Does recon work ok on the pineapple itself etc?

The only time I've had the issue you're describing here is when the SD hasn't mounted on boot (as my recon path is my sd card)

Unlike the Nano, the Tetras have built-in storage, but no SD slot. The Tetras just have a bunch of internal storage to make up for the lack of SD storage. They both have a USB port, so a flash drive could be used if needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how I missed this as I just posted about this. I have a similar problem as described with both Tetra and nano. In my situation, both units work fine independently, but C2 cannot initiate recon, just waits and does not respond.  I have seen the tetra led indicate the mode changed though, I think.  C2 terminal works fine also on both units.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to reproduce the issue with WiFi Pineapple TETRA firmware 2.6.2 and Cloud C2 v2.2.0 with a very large PineAP pool. Since then I upgraded the WiFi Pineapple TETRA to firmware 2.7.0 and haven't been able to reproduce the issue:

image.png

Can you post the contents of /tmp/cc-client-error.log ?

image.png

Also - can you post your PineAP settings? Are you collecting SSIDs to the pool? Broadcasting the pool? Doing beacon response? Are there SSIDs in the pool - and if so, how many? Is Allow Associations enabled for clients?

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2020 at 12:46 PM, Darren Kitchen said:

I was able to reproduce the issue with WiFi Pineapple TETRA firmware 2.6.2 and Cloud C2 v2.2.0 with a very large PineAP pool. Since then I upgraded the WiFi Pineapple TETRA to firmware 2.7.0 and haven't been able to reproduce the issue:

image.png

Can you post the contents of /tmp/cc-client-error.log ?

image.png

Also - can you post your PineAP settings? Are you collecting SSIDs to the pool? Broadcasting the pool? Doing beacon response? Are there SSIDs in the pool - and if so, how many? Is Allow Associations enabled for clients?

Thank you for replying Darren. I will try this out before considering upgrading to the new pineapple. I cannot post my settings as I have since wiped the pineapple and just sitting in its box in storage room. 

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as what ToxicPanda was talking about. I have a new Pineapple Mark 7 and I'm using C2 ver. 3.0.2.

I can capture SSIDs in PineAP (set to capture SSIDs to pool only) fine through C2, only have 33 in the pool. If I disconnect from C2 I can do recon no problem on the pineapple. Below is the output that was asked for in the last troubleshooting post pulled via the terminal in C2. The AP Landscape lists the times and dates that I tried capturing but all are empty.

root@mk7:~# cat /tmp/cc-client-error.log 
[1611631886 !ERR         CURL ]  Error posting update to server...
[1611631886 !ERR     INITSYNC ]  Error in startup sync post
[1611631886 !ERR         MAIN ]  Device startup sync failed. Retrying... 
[1611631894 !ERR         CURL ]  Error posting update to server...
[1611631894 !ERR     INITSYNC ]  Error in startup sync post
[1611631894 !ERR         MAIN ]  Device startup sync failed. Retrying... 
[1611631902 !ERR         CURL ]  Error posting update to server...
[1611631902 !ERR     INITSYNC ]  Error in startup sync post
[1611631902 !ERR         MAIN ]  Device startup sync failed. Retrying... 
[1611631911 !ERR         CURL ]  Error posting update to server...
[1611631911 !ERR     INITSYNC ]  Error in startup sync post
[1611631911 !ERR         MAIN ]  Device startup sync failed. Retrying... 

Archived