Croc not connecting to WiFI

entropy1024

I can't get the Key Croc to connect to WiFi.

I have added the SSID and password in the config file and unplugged/re seated the croc. However it does not connect to the network. Please see below

DUCKY_LANG uk
WIFI_SSID mywifi
WIFI_PASS mypassword
SSH ENABLE
DNS 8.8.8.8 4.2.2.2

If I load the payload to return the IP address and then type __crocctl-ipinfo it just returns an empty line.

45 minutes ago, spywll said:

This applied to any WIFI_SSID or WIFI_PASS – if you have special characters keep in mind those values are interpreted by bash so they would need to be escaped. For example:

P@$$w0rd!! would be P\@\$\$w0rd\!\!

My original user and pass only had upper/lower/numbers and periods. Are periods considered special characters?

As a test I changed the SSID and testtest and the pass to password123. Same results, no connection.

On 6/30/2020 at 4:43 PM, entropy1024 said:

My original user and pass only had upper/lower/numbers and periods. Are periods considered special characters?

As a test I changed the SSID and testtest and the pass to password123. Same results, no connection.

Same problem here! I have tried simple password too. This is my config.txt:

DUCKY_LANG de
WIFI_SSID mywifi
WIFI_PASS mypassword12345
SSH ENABLE

After testing with different SSID and passwords I can say:

This configuration is working:

DUCKY_LANG de
WIFI_SSID mywifi
WIFI_PASS mypassword12345
SSH ENABLE

This configuration ist not working:

DUCKY_LANG de
WIFI_SSID mywifi
WIFI_PASS mypassword1234\!5
SSH ENABLE

So im my network your solution with the backslash is not working!!!

The network password is set to mypassword1234!5

7 minutes ago, spywll said:

Just have to ask 

are you running the latest firmware and can you get into arming mode and look at your log files how far are you for you access point just little things to look for

I have the same problem with my Croc i can not connect to my wifi pineapple nano to wifi but i can connect to my home access point to wifi

I thinking the croc has problems with some access point then others i don't know

Does the croc work with 2.4 & 5GHz?

15 hours ago, entropy1024 said:

I thinking the croc has problems with some access point then others i don't know

I'm thinking that the croc has problems with some access points. e.g. the Raspberry Pi is using the file wpa_supplicant.conf, you have to copy to the root partition. During the booting process,  the file will be saved to the Pi. IMHO, that is a better solution, than to store the clear text password in config.txt

From my point of view, the "backslash solution" in the config.txt should  not be the preferred way to configure the croc.

I found a solution for my wifi network. I connected via serial interface to croc and checked /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf. Silly, the Backslash was in the Password. This is, of course, not working. So a removed the backslash in the config.txt like this:

DUCKY_LANG de
WIFI_SSID mywifi
WIFI_PASS mypassword1234!5
SSH ENABLE

And guess what? It works for me... 

Archived