Sign in to follow this  
Machavalley

Reset Factory but failed

Hi,

I think I made a mistake. I didn't notice that on mac laptop if you download kc_fw_1.3_510.tar.gz automatically extract to kc_fw_1.3_510.tar . I copied and paste to the ket croc and hope it works. Suddenly after the process going on, it seems to be that the light is looping and hair wire. I did follow the reset factory based on the documentation and try to access the device. Nothing show up. Please help me how to bring back keycroc again..

Thanks.

so what you are saying is after a factory reset you can not use your keyboard with the croc or get into arming mode?

just have to ask you did push the button on the back of the croc to get into arming mode right?

if you can get into arming mode just place the kc_fw_1.3_510.tar.gz to the root of udisk unplug then plug back in wait 10mins

or try a factory reset again https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360048657394-Factory-Reset

so what you are saying is after a factory reset you can not use your keyboard with the croc or get into arming mode? Yes. Both. When plugged the keyboard not detected as well push the button back of the croc too. I did few factory reset..and nothing happen..any chances of surviving this key croc? Huuuu...

regards.

try a different keyboard try on different pc or mac or linux 

when you did your factory reset did you see the red and blue light go on and off for about 10mins then go out?  (if so you have to unplug then plug back in)

Quick question:

from the documentation page, how do we know what the partition has not been damaged?

Technical note: This process will replace the primary boot partition with a copy of firmware version 1.0 kept on a backup partition. If the backup partition has been damaged, this process will fail.

1 hour ago, Machavalley said:

Quick question:

from the documentation page, how do we know what the partition has not been damaged?

Technical note: This process will replace the primary boot partition with a copy of firmware version 1.0 kept on a backup partition. If the backup partition has been damaged, this process will fail.

Yes i would like to know to if your partition is damaged or not.

I don't know how to do that sorry

9 hours ago, spywll said:

Yes i would like to know to if your partition is damaged or not.

I don't know how to do that sorry

Thanks man for the effort to help me. but today I'm going to test "try a different keyboard try on different pc or mac or linux"