Safely Remove Hardware

quantum

Hey,

does anyone know any command line ways to eject stuff in windows xp pro so i dont have to click on that dam green arrow?

Keith.

Just pull it out, the only time it means anything is when you are writing information to whatever you have plugged in. Just wait till the green/orange/red light stops flashing and then pull.

Hey,

does anyone know any command line ways to eject stuff in windows xp pro so i dont have to click on that dam green arrow?

Keith.

Just pull it out, the only time it means anything is when you are writing information to whatever you have plugged in. Just wait till the green/orange/red light stops flashing and then pull.

yeh i hate it wen people wait for it and safty remove usb sticks...i always just take it out

no its not a usb pen, its one of them (PCMCIA) 3G wireless data cards. It installs as a few virtual com ports, a modem, and a wifi card. Windows doesnt like just pulling it out. even if your not using it.

If you were running the software, and the ports were open, fair enough. But its just sitting there, doing nothing except draining the battery!

I used to be very careful with my portable gems, however, I would have to agree with mubix here.

If it is just a wireless card, it won't be hurting anything if you simply unplug it. There is no information that is going to get lost with the removal of a PCMCIA Card.