New to Pineapple Nano and Pen Testing

So a friend and I are planning on learning some pen testing stuff and we figured trying to do something simple like getting in to one another's Wi-Fi and use use the internet like it was our own. Now, I've watched some vids on Hak5 for the Nano and looks pretty easy. Specifically the:Capturing WPA handshakes with the Wi-Fi Aineapple vid. Am I right in assuming once you've captured the info and downloaded it. You're good to go? Any help for a newby would be appreciated.

You don't need a custom rig. Outsource it.

GPUhash.me (That's the website URL) offers up their own custom server to specifically crack passwords. They charge $10 (in Bitcoin - BTC) if they're able to successfully crack a password for you; free if they cant. You don't have to pay up front either. Only if they tell you the password has been cracked, then you can pay to unlock the password. It generally takes 5-15 min. to crack a password.

I tried the service out myself and it works 100%. I used my own, old WiFi password (13 characters long; alpha-numeric) and it was able to find it.

2 hours ago, Idk_Man said:

GPUhash.me (That's the website URL) offers up their own custom server to specifically crack passwords. They charge $10 (in Bitcoin - BTC) if they're able to successfully crack a password for you; free if they cant. You don't have to pay up front either. Only if they tell you the password has been cracked, then you can pay to unlock the password. It generally takes 5-15 min. to crack a password.

I tried the service out myself and it works 100%. I used my own, old WiFi password (13 characters long; alpha-numeric) and it was able to find it.

I'm obviously new to all this and the gear Hak5 sells. I've always been intrigued by tech stuff. I mean, I can't even write code. I understand the concept but it never clicked. And of course I know thats the first thing I need to learn before doing any of this or trying to mess with the gear. To tell you the truth, I don't quite understand some of the gear does. But I would love to learn just hacking over Wi-Fi. Getting passwords and packets and things like that. Or even controlling other people's screens. Seems like the simplest place to start. I thought the things Hak5 sells would make easier. But thanks for the help.

I'd recommend for learning the basics (and free), look into running Kali Linux on a virtual machine. It'll teach you a lot on the subject matter and it comes pre-loaded with tools to help you grab packets, handshakes, etc.

22 hours ago, Idk_Man said:

I'd recommend for learning the basics (and free), look into running Kali Linux on a virtual machine. It'll teach you a lot on the subject matter and it comes pre-loaded with tools to help you grab packets, handshakes, etc.

Thanks for the help and advice. Really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2020 at 2:35 PM, Idk_Man said:

Thanks for info!

Archived