Strange problem Pandora's jar used to work, but not anymore

gmherb

Hello,

since yesterday evening i have a strange problem with pandora's jar.

I'm using the latest version from link in the "noobs guide" thread with Songbird. Now everything worked normal till yesterday, whenever i clicked on "grab this track" it did.

Now since yesterday it doesn't work anymore, without me having changed anything. When i click on "grab this track" nothing happens - nothing at all, not even an error msg. Now it looks like "grab this" isn't a button anymore (here's what i mean: if i hover the pointer over the "save settings" button it changes to a hand, and i get the "java script:SaveSettings()" in the status bar of firefox. - When i hover over the "grab this track" button nothing at all happens. (also when right clicking i don't get the normal menu for a link with "save link location...)

Now i don't remember if this is new, but that the tracks aren't saved anymore is new for sure.

What i tried to fix:

- tried it in firefox instead of songbird (greasemonkey workaround)

- switched to auto-pilot (and back)

- tried different flash versions with flash-switcher ( 8.0 r24, 7.0 r63)

- installed the newest jar from sourceforge

nothing solved my problem

also i'm having the problem lately that pandora has a problem logging me in, but it apologizes, saying it's its' fault, so i guess that's a pandora-server-problem, i also get that on www.pandora.com

Anybody has this same problem too (or a solution)

thanx a lot, herb

Greetings,

It seems I'm experiencing the same issue - it appears Pandora must have changed something to prevent Pandora's Jar (7.4.0 Beta_CF7) from continuing when a new song is loaded. :(

Every status message remains at initing/retrieving and no MP3s are ripped. When I was last using my exact same setup (Firefox+Greasemonkey, Flash8) on Feb 2nd, everything worked flawlessly and I was pulling down tracks in auto-pilot. The 'Grab This Track' button also does nothing for me...

I first noticed this when it seemed only the same 7-8 INFO/DEBUG lines were scrolling in my console window, rather than the usual many different lines...

Anybody else have insight into the issue? Ssorry I have nothing more to offer right now other than corroboration that you're not alone in experiencing this problem...

Hey Herb, I've been having the same problem. I did a search all over this forum and elsewhere on the net. Haven't been able to find anything. Its like everything works, but that one button...

I don't have any skills whatsoever with this sort of stuff, so i sure hope that someone here does... i'm addicted and i need my fix... =)

They did change something. I was listening, and it stopped playing. Pandora said "We've changed something while you've been playing music, and to get our update to continue playing music, you must refresh the page"

Thats when the madness started :) (within the last 4 hours)

Most likely, they changed the filename of temporary file names so pandoras jar can't find the files.

Whell - i don't know what the filenames were up to now, but now in my %temp%/plugtmp-1 the mp3-files are called something like "8392605740416853272" without an extension.

If that's the only change, it shouldn't be that much work to fix for the guys who're doing the .jar

Sadly the fix is not that simple, nothing changed in the file names (they always were extentionless)

I promise to debug this once I get home today, I'll probably release PJ_CF8 while I'm at it, which has lots of improvements over CF7 including (*drums*) support for IE with flash-9!!!

Keep us posted!

CF.

Sadly the fix is not that simple, nothing changed in the file names (they always were extentionless)

I promise to debug this once I get home today, I'll probably release PJ_CF8 while I'm at it, which has lots of improvements over CF7 including (*drums*) support for IE with flash-9!!!

Keep us posted!

CF.

I just wanted to say, ur my hero today, I got up this morning to look at all the progress on the Cruise Control downloaded songs I'd downloaded overnight, to find it wasn't working. I'm glad somebody knows how to do this stuff, it's awesome.

there is a new method emerging but it has a low success rate

http://musicbrainz.org/

since their program is new their database of songs is small

but it works like tunatic it scans the frequencies of the music and after analyzing the sound, it matches it with their database then properly names the song

(to do this just give the temp files a random .mp3 name then let that program do the rest of the work, it will rename all of them to the correct name

if you haven't used tunatic, here it is also

http://www.wildbits.com/tunatic/

http://musicbrainz.org/

Doesn't have a thing to do with Pandora Jar, does it?

If your just looking for another way to rip music, use Audacity, open source. Won't save song/artist info, but it will record anything playing on your computer.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I know it doesnt have anything to do with it but currently pandora isint ripping and tagging the music

so you have a choice. name the song, then right click on the sound file and go to properties then add the artist and almum info manually (for every song you like

or have that program do it for you?

pandora should be fixed soon but for now we need temp fixes

(for me having that program helps because i don't have to go through opening every file in the temp folder to find the one i liked and name it

that program will name all of the files then you delete the ones you don't like from the temp folder