STINGRAY663

No Connectivy with the Pineapple WIFI Adaptor

Hello there.

I have followed the instructions yet the Pineapple has not got any internet connectivity.

WIFI Interface:

The Wifi interface has been set to allow other network users to connect through this computer internet connection and selected the wifi pineapple as the home networking connection and selected also allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection.

Pineapple Interface:

Updated the  IP address in the IPV4 172.16.42.42

in the Interface status it states that both IPV4 and IPV6 has no internet connectivity 

Any ideas why this is and what I am doing wrong?

Cheers,

Mozza

Several posts about this problem. I'm having this problem. Follow the instructions to a T and no dice. I'm about to spin up a Linux box and give it a shot.  If it works with no issues It might be time to report a bug for these pineapples. 

Need to tell us you get on with the Linux option. I am in discussions with Hak5 via there support function as well so will report / provide an update on that engagement.

Cheers,

Mozza

I am having a similar issue. Upon clicking "Get Modules from Hak5 Community Repositories" I receive the error message 

Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection.

I am running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. My Pineapple Nano has firmware 2.7.0. Please let me know if you need any additional logs.

Didn't work with Mint or Kali either. 

Did a complete factory reset and it still didn't work on Windows, Mint or Kali. It works if you use the wlan0 in client mode but that really makes it unreliable. 

I did the same.  I'm running Parrot OS, and not having any luck.  I've submitted a support ticket.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hamm said:

I did the same.  I'm running Parrot OS, and not having any luck.  I've submitted a support ticket.

Hey @Hamm ,  check this out for linux. @Darren Kitchen sent to to me on my ticket. Worked great with Kali not sure if Parrot is having the same issues 

https://youtu.be/LDBVgJWWtxE

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010555453

Still working on a Windows solution. Nothing against Linux machines but I primarily use Windows and need that functionality 

9 minutes ago, Rustzula said:

Hey @Hamm ,  check this out for linux. @Darren Kitchen sent to to me on my ticket. Worked great with Kali not sure if Parrot is having the same issues 

https://youtu.be/LDBVgJWWtxE

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010555453

I'm going to switch over to Kali 2020 and give it a try.  Most of the resolutions i'm seeing are for it, so i'll give it a go.

4 minutes ago, Rustzula said:

Still working on a Windows solution. Nothing against Linux machines but I primarily use Windows and need that functionality 

Try creating a virtual machine in windows and setting up a Linux, preferably Kali 2020, install.  I'm using a windows 10 with a VM, and the most help i'm getting is catered towards Linux.  Just a thought.

I'm having a little trouble understanding what the problem is. Is it that the pineapple has no internet, or is it that people connecting to the pineapple have no internet, or is it something else?

1 minute ago, kdodge said:

I'm having a little trouble understanding what the problem is. Is it that the pineapple has no internet, or is it that people connecting to the pineapple have no internet, or is it something else?

The problem is in Windows - after sharing the connection with the pineapple in the network control panel, setting the static IP (following the videos), the pineapple still can't connect to the internet  

Disclaimer, i'm just a hobbyist and not official. Oh, I think what you are asking for is Windows version of the wp6.sh file, that I don't know if exists. Setting the static ip address is simple to do, but the enabling of IP forwarding and masquerading I don't know how to do.

I did a quick google search for how to do ip forwarding in Windows and something keeps showing up, "Routing and Remote Access Service (RRAS)" and is only available to Window Server editions I believe. There might be ways to do it that I just don't know about though, 

The 3 big takeaway's I found in from the wp6.sh script are:

1) iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE

2) echo '1' > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward # Enable IP Forwarding

3)route add default gw $spineapplegw $spineapplewan #add default gateway

and also the setting static ip to 172.16.42.42.

I think if you can achieve that in Windows you should be good to go. In theory...

Edited by kdodge
found another really important step