No Connectivy with the Pineapple WIFI Adaptor

STINGRAY663

Hello there.

I have followed the instructions yet the Pineapple has not got any internet connectivity.

WIFI Interface:

The Wifi interface has been set to allow other network users to connect through this computer internet connection and selected the wifi pineapple as the home networking connection and selected also allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet connection.

Pineapple Interface:

Updated the  IP address in the IPV4 172.16.42.42

in the Interface status it states that both IPV4 and IPV6 has no internet connectivity 

Any ideas why this is and what I am doing wrong?

Cheers,

Mozza

Several posts about this problem. I'm having this problem. Follow the instructions to a T and no dice. I'm about to spin up a Linux box and give it a shot.  If it works with no issues It might be time to report a bug for these pineapples. 

I am having a similar issue. Upon clicking "Get Modules from Hak5 Community Repositories" I receive the error message 

Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection.

I am running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. My Pineapple Nano has firmware 2.7.0. Please let me know if you need any additional logs.

30 minutes ago, Hamm said:

I did the same.  I'm running Parrot OS, and not having any luck.  I've submitted a support ticket.

Hey @Hamm ,  check this out for linux. @Darren Kitchen sent to to me on my ticket. Worked great with Kali not sure if Parrot is having the same issues 

https://youtu.be/LDBVgJWWtxE

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010555453

9 minutes ago, Rustzula said:

Hey @Hamm ,  check this out for linux. @Darren Kitchen sent to to me on my ticket. Worked great with Kali not sure if Parrot is having the same issues 

https://youtu.be/LDBVgJWWtxE

https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010555453

I'm going to switch over to Kali 2020 and give it a try.  Most of the resolutions i'm seeing are for it, so i'll give it a go.

4 minutes ago, Rustzula said:

Still working on a Windows solution. Nothing against Linux machines but I primarily use Windows and need that functionality 

Try creating a virtual machine in windows and setting up a Linux, preferably Kali 2020, install.  I'm using a windows 10 with a VM, and the most help i'm getting is catered towards Linux.  Just a thought.

1 minute ago, kdodge said:

I'm having a little trouble understanding what the problem is. Is it that the pineapple has no internet, or is it that people connecting to the pineapple have no internet, or is it something else?

The problem is in Windows - after sharing the connection with the pineapple in the network control panel, setting the static IP (following the videos), the pineapple still can't connect to the internet  

Im currently using Pop!_OS and running into the same issue but there is not a usb Ethernet device like in kali. I can connect into my local network but im not getting any external DNS connections. Im a newbie to the pineapple and just trying to get it functional.

So as far as Windows goes, its basically not going to work very well. I managed after multiple reboots and reconfig the settings on Windows (1909) and it was working for about 5 minutes and then it loses internet connectivity. Hours spent doing this. I've had multiple people more skilled than I take a crack at this thing on Windows and they can't get it to work either.

Flip that to a Kali or Mint machine and it works just fine.  

Lots of us having problems with Windows, but I got the basic response (paraphrasing) "well it works for us on our windows machines, there isn't a problem".  Hopefully people buying this for the first time will find this post and if they aren't Linux users they won't waste their time or money on something they can't use. 

Thankfully for me I was able to spin up a Kali VM on my Windows Laptop and make it work, but most people can't or don't have the ability to do that. Kind of a bummer.   

Rustzula,

How did you get internet via Kali?

Below is the response from Darren at Hak 5 over my questions on ISC (Internet Sharing Connection) over Windows:

This issue has to do with the host operating system, not the WiFi Pineapple.

Unless the WiFi Pineapple software has been modified, it will seek an Internet connection from a connected device with a static IP address of 172.16.42.42. It is up to the host with that IP address to forward along an Internet connection - which varies based on operating system. We provide general guidelines for setup across Windows and Linux. The guides are general, as specific settings on those operating systems determine operability.

I can say from experience that some people have bridges setup on their Windows hosts, which may interfere with this setup. I cannot provide support for Windows - for that you would need to reach out to Microsoft.

I can say with confidence based on the information you have provided that your WiFi Pineapple hardware is in working order. If you are not having any luck with ICS on Windows, I recommend trying with a different computer, operating system, or ICS method. Again, there are several guides published at docs.hak5.org relating to Internet connection methods. The easiest method is WiFi Client mode.

Cheers,

Mozza

Archived