PineAP SSID Pool corruption?

I've noticed a few corrupt SSID names sneaking into my PineAP SSID Pool causing my SSID Pool to not load in the web GUI PineAP page, and in the Logs page the PineAP log is blank.  Once I remove the bad characters the SSID pool reloads.  Looks like it's finding a weirdly named SSID name and incorrectly displaying the ASCII symbols.  Actually it dumps a lot of ASCII characters in the name.  This causes the list to fail. 

Has anyone else run across this?  This happened in vs 5.x and 6.x of firmware.  Anyone have a validation script?

Forgot to mention, I have a Tetra running latest 6.x firmware running only PineAP.  No other modules installed.

My SSID pool is not functioning correctly either. It works when I downgrade the firmware but as soon as I update the list goes blank. The counter is working fine but when I go to view any stored SSIDs it is blank and when I download the file I get an error saying some formatting error and a blank document. 

And my filter settings are both set to deny so it should not be the filter. Also noticed numerous problems wit 3rd party software on this update including PortalAuth, Site Survey and WPS

On 5/7/2020 at 4:03 PM, RichardThiago said:

I've noticed a few corrupt SSID names sneaking into my PineAP SSID Pool causing my SSID Pool to not load in the web GUI PineAP page, and in the Logs page the PineAP log is blank.  Once I remove the bad characters the SSID pool reloads.  Looks like it's finding a weirdly named SSID name and incorrectly displaying the ASCII symbols.  Actually it dumps a lot of ASCII characters in the name.  This causes the list to fail. 

Has anyone else run across this?  This happened in vs 5.x and 6.x of firmware.  Anyone have a validation script?

Forgot to mention, I have a Tetra running latest 6.x firmware running only PineAP.  No other modules installed.https://solitaire.onl/ https://9apps.ooo/

On 5/7/2020 at 10:36 PM, drumshtick said:

My SSID pool is not functioning correctly either. It works when I downgrade the firmware but as soon as I update the list goes blank. The counter is working fine but when I go to view any stored SSIDs it is blank and when I download the file I get an error saying some formatting error and a blank document. 

And my filter settings are both set to deny so it should not be the filter. Also noticed numerous problems wit 3rd party software on this update including PortalAuth, Site Survey and WPS

issue got esolved!!!

• 1 month later...

Yes, I've had this same problem with vs 5.x and 6.x.  How did you resolve?  My fix was to not add SSIDs to pool.  What did you do?

Archived