After latest firmware update, cannot Factory Reset

Decoy

Hi Everyone,

My Pineapple sat for about 6 months since the last time I used it. I finally booted it up, and downloaded the latest firmware. All seemed to be fine as I installed a few modules, and then set everything up the way I wanted it. When I finally got around to using it today, I was unable to launch PineAP, the modules I had downloaded to my SD card had seemingly vanished, and there were various other issues. Pressing the Factory Reset button for 7 seconds does nothing, so I triggered this from the Configuration page. After it was finished, the screen came up saying it was still booting, but the light eventually went solid and it sat there for about 10 minutes. I refreshed, and now the initial setup page never comes up. I cannot factory reset again with the button. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thanks,

Decoy

Interestingly enough, I was able to SSH into the Pineapple, and the root password was still the same as it was before I flashed the new firmware... I downloaded the latest version directly to the Pineapple and ran sysupdate to do a manual firmware update. I'll post if this was or wasn't successful.

17 hours ago, Mister_Obeah said:

have you had any joy with the SD card?

I had to revert back to 2.6.4. For whatever reason the SD card just wouldn't work right in 2.7.0. Everything is working okay now.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2020 at 9:04 AM, Decoy said:

I had to revert back to 2.6.4. ...wouldn't work right in 2.7.0. Everything is working okay now.

How to revert firmware back a rev. when the Tetra is stuck on "still booting."  Friggin' frustrated here.

Archived