Jump to content

Endless loop after Firmware recovery


Recommended Posts

So I did a firmware recovery since my pineapple stopped working.

Everything so far went fine, solid orange LED. But now i have arrived on the ''Firmware Update'' page. I put the recovery image in here and updated. The page says it might take upto several minutes to update. But the problem is after i start the update it doesnt do anything, it just keep on the screen and nothing changes. If i power down the pineapple (did did after more than an jour of the TETRA doing nothing) and power it back on again it just goes back to the update screen.

Does anyone have any tips or maybe the same issue? Im a noob so any help is greatly appreciated!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The exact same thing happened to me.  I guess I have to make a cable and try to SSH into the Tetre. I had a tetra about a year ago and it died and was out of warranty. So I had some extra money and thought I would try again. 

Probably my best bet is to pack the thing up, mail it back for a refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Narus said:

The exact same thing happened to me.  I guess I have to make a cable and try to SSH into the Tetre. I had a tetra about a year ago and it died and was out of warranty. So I had some extra money and thought I would try again. 

Probably my best bet is to pack the thing up, mail it back for a refund.

I was thinking of that too but i got mine quite a bit ago so i dont think its still under warranty. And i would like to be able to fix it and learn and understand something so i can fix it if it happens in the future.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan to spend some time playing with Kali Linux. I do not really need having 2 wifi routers connected to do what I want to.

This happened to me as soon as I tried to configure the thing. If there were issues with the firmware they should have taken it down. 

And the WIFI on the thing is not up so I cannot connect that way. Only thing I can think of its to make up a serial cable and Tftp to the thing.

 

Thanks for sharing my misery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 2:58 PM, TryX said:

So I did a firmware recovery since my pineapple stopped working.

Everything so far went fine, solid orange LED. But now i have arrived on the ''Firmware Update'' page. I put the recovery image in here and updated. The page says it might take upto several minutes to update. But the problem is after i start the update it doesnt do anything, it just keep on the screen and nothing changes. If i power down the pineapple (did did after more than an jour of the TETRA doing nothing) and power it back on again it just goes back to the update screen.

Does anyone have any tips or maybe the same issue? Im a noob so any help is greatly appreciated!

This typically happens when you flash the TETRA with the NANO's firmware recovery image. Please make sure you've downloaded the correct file from here. At the bottom of the page, you want the "Recovery Firmware". 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 2:43 PM, Foxtrot said:

This typically happens when you flash the TETRA with the NANO's firmware recovery image. Please make sure you've downloaded the correct file from here. At the bottom of the page, you want the "Recovery Firmware". 

Thanks for the help. I was 100% sure i used the right image... guess i need to take more time to use my brain next time :P. But now i have encountered another problem. The Blue LED comes on and stays solid meaning its fully booted. I followed the instructions and put it back to 172.16.42.42 with netmask 255.255.255.0. Now its telling me the device refused the correction, maybe its something simple but i cant figure it out. Sorry for the late response past weeks have been crazy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jtyle6 said:

I think that you forgot to put at the 1471.

As http://172.16.42.1:1471

Again showing off who is the newbie here facepalm. not only the wrong IP but also forgetting the port. Thanks though everything seems to be up again! Now i just gotta update to 2.7.0 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...