Bash Bunny LED states dont work

Pri3st

I did a reset of my bash bunny (doesn't boot 3 times, auto-reset) and now its LED doesnt accept states. I have done some testing and it looks like what used to be a constantly running service to blink the LED is now only running once then stopping. To elaborate, if I say "LED G SOLID" the LED will stay green solid, same if I say "LED G VERYFAST" but if I say "LED G IQUAD" it starts and stays off. (so my idea is that, the first instance of blink_led.sh closes early or it doesnt detect that I even passed a state at all) when in the remote shell if I use the "LED R VERYFAST" command two times in a row it echos "blink_led.sh: process not found" which seems to further indicate the process isnt running. I have already tried doing another reset and even updating the firmware completely and it hasnt seemed to work. Is this a known issue with solutions or is there an issue with my hardware?

(tell me if I'm missing something here but I hope this is enough information, also by BB is like brand new, I got it last week and havent really used it aside from testing)

New development. today I was working with it and it set itself to read only, then, after a few plugs and unplugs trying to fix that, now it enters recovery mode every time its plugged in. (in arming mode, my other switches seem to still work ok but I cant exactly test the extent of that because I cant change the payloads) Should I just open a support ticket or is there still a way I can recover this?

(it looks like it was just recovering itself because it was set to read only before I tried deleting the update file, brute forcing tons of attempts to fix the read/write permissions on my laptop seem to have solved it though I dont know which one actually solved it)

(LED command still doesn't work correctly either, also I can only use raw R G or B not M or Y)

4 hours ago, kuyaya said:

You can use 2 different ways to upgrade firmware. With the bunnyupdater and without the bunnyupdater. 

Do I really have to search it by myself....

Here it is https://downloads.hak5.org/bunny

do you mean putting the firmware in udisk? (storage mode) If so then I already did that a few times in an attempt to fix the bug before posting; that combined with the read only is what was causing my issue with entering (what i thought was) recovery mode on every boot. If not then I still dont know what you mean, I know that there is the firmware download but not the procedure. (Sorry if this is a hyper basic thing or something but as I said before I'm still learning how the bunny operates)

(also it appears my udisk code is also screwed up since it gives me a command not found error, I found this forum 

that has a copy of it though, not sure if this is relevant but I figured it gives more context to the issue)

On 2/26/2020 at 10:26 PM, Pri3st said:

(it looks like it was just recovering itself because it was set to read only before I tried deleting the update file, brute forcing tons of attempts to fix the read/write permissions on my laptop seem to have solved it though I dont know which one actually solved it)

(LED command still doesn't work correctly either, also I can only use raw R G or B not M or Y)

Your issue is that every time you plug the bashbunny in, it enters recovery mode, is that correct? Or is that solved now? + The bunny is set to read-only and the LED doesn't work correctly. Is that right? Could you give me an overview of everything that isn't working?

(Sorry if this is a hyper basic thing or something but as I said before I'm still learning how the bunny operates)

It's completely fine, my fault if I was a bit harsh, sorry. I didn't express myself correctly.

Archived