nige

please help i cant connect my nano

hello,im a novice so theresa probably an easy solution but when i try and connect to 172.16.42.1:1471 it always says conection timed out.When i set up originally i followed the hak5 vid on you tube.please can someone help im going mad withthis,thanks Nige.

Is your NANO plugged into your PC or cell phone?

Have you tried to factory reset to start from scratch? (press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the NANO for 7 seconds, then release)

Also, make sure that you have the nano's usb ethernet network connection correctly configured on your host computer.  

• Upvote 1

Awesome recommendation @Charbot I didn't even think about that.

@nige to "make sure that you have the nano's usb ethernet network connection correctly configured on your host computer" (Using Windows 10)

Press the start button on your Desktop> Go to view network connections> Find your NANO> Right-click> Properties>Double click on Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)> (Change the settings to match my attached screenshot - remember to click the box to validate settings upon exit)> click okay> exit out of those windows> Open your PC's internet browser and go to 172.16.42.1:1471. You should see the welcome screen.