Real Factory Reset?

Sizzlik

Question to the Devs..is there a way to really do a facory reset? Meaning the BB gets cleaned..everything deleted..every change made unchanged..so that its like fresh out of the box? I somehow got the feeling, after messing around, testing, installing, removing, sneezing on a floppy disk..the BB became really slow. I mean..a simple notepad hello world script now takes over 15seconds..it was way faster when i ran my fist script..now its 5sec to boot, another few seconds to register as keyboard and then the payload runs (also slowers it feels)

On my first scripts it was only a green blink..a hint of a blue blink and boom..payload executed

I would love to set it back to zero..hope there is a way or the devs code a simple BB-Format Tool or something.

Vielleicht hat Seb ja eine idee..

1 hour ago, Charbot said:

Im definitely not a dev, but I would think that you will want to follow the BB unbricking procedure.   It looks like that takes you back to the factory firmware/ condition.

Nope..thats why i ask. the firmware reset and the unbrick just care about the firmware, it doesnt delete files.
i dont know what it does to the internal linux system. If it also reset/reinstalls the linux system, so it is like never touched, my question is answered.
Then i just wonder why my BB got so slow after just 2 days

I had a problem at the first update, since i forgot about AV, not all github was copied..after setting an exception rule in the AV i noticed, that the updater says copying files....done. But it only loaded like 3 payload folders. So its not 100% reliable and i had to fiddle around a bit to make it load all.

If im good at anything, then its making a damn good chilli and crashing systems in weird ways. 😄

So you have done a firmware recovery then upgrade to latest successfully?

The files in storage portion of the drive should not effect speed.  It just keeps files requested by payloads to function.  Keep in mind that the speed of the target system will also determine how fast things like the drive being recognized is.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:57 PM, Cap_Sig said:

So you have done a firmware recovery then upgrade to latest successfully?

The files in storage portion of the drive should not effect speed.  It just keeps files requested by payloads to function.  Keep in mind that the speed of the target system will also determine how fast things like the drive being recognized is.

Yep..it is down to 1.0.6 or something and then normal complete update. And the target is my own laptop..wich is a midclass gaming laptop. Anyways..maybe it just feels like it or an hardware issue. Still fast enough.

23 minutes ago, Sizzlik said:

Yep..it is down to 1.0.6 or something and then normal complete update. And the target is my own laptop..wich is a midclass gaming laptop. Anyways..maybe it just feels like it or an hardware issue. Still fast enough.

Tbh, I also have a feeling like my BB is getting slower.

The HID attackmode is still fast, I see no difference from when it arrived to now.

But boi, the ethernet attackmode. I was trying my Respashes payload which needs an RNDIS_ETHERNET attackmode. I needs 37 seconds to boot up (26 seconds of purple led), im not joking. The attack itself is <1 second but it needs 37 seconds to boot up. I mean, the attack is under 1 sec but it needs fucking 37 seconds to boot up? What is this. The HID attackmode also boots waaay faster.

6 hours ago, Charbot said:

Hmm,  I dont mean to add fuel to the conspiracy... but I was testing out Respeches today at work on my (relatively) new and fresh BB... and it was fast.  Definitely did not  30-40 secs to finish.  More like 10 or less.     

Good for you, bad for me. Btw I mesured those 37 seconds with a stopwatch, that's not just a guess.

I just tested again with a stop watch.   Respeches works beautifully*  and finishes in 21-22 secs.  I tried it a couple of times.  A little more than my initial estimate but still much faster than what you are experiencing.   

*on Windows machines.   I cant get any loot from osx 

I do know if the BB comes up as a new device, Windows 10 will attempt to locate drivers for it.  This can include looking up on Windows update which can take some time.  After the drivers are install if you do the same combo attack again, it should be faster since now the machine as the drivers.  There isn't way around this unless you preload the required drives before inserting the BB.

HID is is normally fast but I noticed on machines I have not inserted the BB in yet if I use the dual HID Ethernet or ethernet it will take some time to find drivers for it before it is available for use.  Can take up to 30sec to a minute depending.  If you are not slowing down the ethernet speed so it is not the highest connection, it may take longer since the machine will try and use the BB connection first to retrieve drivers.

7 minutes ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

I do know if the BB comes up as a new device, Windows 10 will attempt to locate drivers for it.  This can include looking up on Windows update which can take some time.  After the drivers are install if you do the same combo attack again, it should be faster since now the machine as the drivers.  There isn't way around this unless you preload the required drives before inserting the BB.

HID is is normally fast but I noticed on machines I have not inserted the BB in yet if I use the dual HID Ethernet or ethernet it will take some time to find drivers for it before it is available for use.  Can take up to 30sec to a minute depending.  If you are not slowing down the ethernet speed so it is not the highest connection, it may take longer since the machine will try and use the BB connection first to retrieve drivers.

The thing is, I noticed that it was slow do I did the payload again and used a stopwatch to check the time. So it should've already installed the drivers. 

What I noticed is, that on mac it takes only about 8 seconds, which is more than 4x faster and that was the first time I used it into the mac. 

On 2/10/2020 at 8:23 PM, kuyaya said:

Tbh, I also have a feeling like my BB is getting slower.

The HID attackmode is still fast, I see no difference from when it arrived to now.

But boi, the ethernet attackmode. I was trying my Respashes payload which needs an RNDIS_ETHERNET attackmode. I needs 37 seconds to boot up (26 seconds of purple led), im not joking. The attack itself is <1 second but it needs 37 seconds to boot up. I mean, the attack is under 1 sec but it needs fucking 37 seconds to boot up? What is this. The HID attackmode also boots waaay faster.

Thats what i mean..the attacks themself are fast, but the boot sequence seems to get longer over time.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I just received my bb yet and put the bunny updater on my root folder. 

Unfortunately when i put it back it gives me only red and blue led blinks and not recognize from computer. 

Is there anyone who can help me? Thank you in advance

14 hours ago, Naz34 said:

Hello,

I just received my bb yet and put the bunny updater on my root folder. 

Unfortunately when i put it back it gives me only red and blue led blinks and not recognize from computer. 

Is there anyone who can help me? Thank you in advance

This is the process of updating the firmware. You shouldn't eject it during that blinking. This is completely normal.

Archived