Sign in to follow this  
Avni Sharma

Can you help me sync GoPro and garageband outputs?

I want to use GoPro for video recording, and sync it with the music I am recording through garageband. The sound quality of GoPro is not so good. Has anyone done that before?

• Like 1

This is a ethical hacking forum. You may want to ask at the gopro forum.

• Like 2

The Old fashion way could work. Use a clapper board. Make the music, Play it back through speaker, record it as cue sound on the cam, and in post production, sync the Sound, and edit the video, including sound. The same can work for sound when you record separate sound with a audio recorder, and shoot with digital cameras.

Yes, I did. Recently I did make a short film which was recorded from GoPro. There is a native setting int the Garageband app that let you import videos and then you can edit the video directly in the app itself. So, you can sync audio from Garageband. 

Also, my friend just got a windows laptop and he is used to working on Garageband on my Mac for music making and stuff, but I can't seem to find a way to install Garageband on his laptop. Do you think this can be done? 

On 1/28/2020 at 4:39 AM, Kentj said:

The Old fashion way could work. Use a clapper board. Make the music, Play it back through speaker, record it as cue sound on the cam, and in post production, sync the Sound, and edit the video, including sound. The same can work for sound when you record separate sound with a audio recorder, and shoot with digital cameras.

Okay Mate! I will try it.

43 minutes ago, nterSUAR said:

Yes, I did. Recently I did make a short film which was recorded from GoPro. There is a native setting int the Garageband app that let you import videos and then you can edit the video directly in the app itself. So, you can sync audio from Garageband. 

Also, my friend just got a windows laptop and he is used to working on Garageband on my Mac for music making and stuff, but I can't seem to find a way to install Garageband on his laptop. Do you think this can be done? 

Thanks @nterSUAR, I will try it. For windows, You can try Virtual Box application to run garageband app on your windows pc. I found this complete guide where steps are well explained so you can refer to that. Cheers!

• Upvote 2

I am using FL Studio. It is much better then Garageband And also there are lots of features available in it. You must try it once. Probably it is the best alternative for garageband