Hello guys!

So I have been awaiting over 12 mins now for my SJ to "connect"
I have previously ssh'd into the shark jack. So i know it has proper connection to my laptop

I ran script the sharkjack.sh script, but the script wont connect to my SJ

It is stuck on

Waiting for a Shark Jack to be connected..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................^C

I also tried "[C]onnect - get a shell on your shark jack."

This method also does not allow me to connect,

I am running linux mint 19.3

Thank you guys in advance for any advice

49 minutes ago, GU355WH0O0 said:

Still nothing, I am not able to upgrade firmware or connect

Hmm if you type "ifconfig" does your Machine see a interface with IP address "172.16.24.1"?

• Upvote 1

I do get the IP

I am still not able to connect to device.

I am able to ssh into it, which makes no sense. Im going to test this on an ubuntu box. Maybe mint is funky with this device

box@X:~$ ssh root@172.16.24.1
root@172.16.24.1's password:

BusyBox v1.28.4 () built-in shell (ash)

\_____)\_____      Shark Jack      _____/(_____/
    /--v____ __°<       by Hak5        >°__ ____v--\
           )/                              \(
root@shark:~# ls
VERSION  loot     payload
root@shark:~# cat VERSION
root@shark:~#

This is after i get into the executable

#####################################################

\_____)\_____      Shark Jack      _____/(_____/"
    /--v____ __°<       by Hak5        >°__ ____v--"
           )/                              \("

#####################################################

Press the highlighted key to select an option (example: press C to connect)

[C]onnect - get a shell on your Shark Jack
   pgrade firmware
   [P]ush payload to Shark Jack
   [G]et loot saved on Shark Jack

[R]eset known_hosts keys for the Shark Jack on this system
   etup ssh keys for easy access
   [Q]uit

Waiting for a Shark Jack to be connected.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................^C

I am in arming mode and connected to power. just for thought i also tried in attack mode.

But still no luck

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same problem. I get an IP. I can do SSH. ping -c 1 172.16.24.1 is successful. But a connection with the script is not possible. Any ideas? Tips? Developer comment maybe? I use a freshly installed Xubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Interesting. I had a similar problem on Kali Linux 2020.2. It seems that interface enumeration may have changed. Replacing line 75 to the following solved the problem for me:

IFACE=$(route | grep 172.16.24.0 | awk '{print $8}')

• Like 1

This sharkhack.sh script uses a tput command but this is not found. Neither on the default firmware version 1.0.0 nor on the latest 1.1.0 which I installed. Usually tput is part of ncurses packages in GNU/Linux but "opkg update && opkg install ncurses" doesn't show such a package.

So my question is: how do we get this tput command onto the sharkjack so that script will work without output/formatting errors?

thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...