Magenta

The_Dude_31

I followed directions to the letter on powering up my SJ.  Got it all charged up but when I put it into attack mode it boots up, changes to magenta, but then never changes color from magenta?  I’ve tried a number of Ethernet jacks but no luck in going green then turning off.  I have not updated the firmware.  I was interested in seeing if it would do the simple Nmap screen out of the box.  Do I, in fact, have to update the firmware first?

Thanks

Magenta is typically used for LED SETUP - which is the phase when networking is established for most payloads. 

It sounds like the payload it running, however the setup phase has not passed as the networking requirements have not been met. I recommend checking the payload.

What payload is this?

2 hours ago, Darren Kitchen said:

Magenta is typically used for LED SETUP - which is the phase when networking is established for most payloads. 

It sounds like the payload it running, however the setup phase has not passed as the networking requirements have not been met. I recommend checking the payload.

What payload is this?

He's running the stock payload straight out the Tin from the mail.

I am told by my ISP that there is a DHCP server connected to my network.  I would assume the hotel would too but the fact that neither made my SJ change from magenta means they are not or my SJ is defective.  I think the SJ is fine I just need to ensure in find a network on a DHCP server.  Should I go ahead and update the firmware?

On 12/27/2019 at 3:44 PM, The_Dude_31 said:

I am told by my ISP that there is a DHCP server connected to my network.  I would assume the hotel would too but the fact that neither made my SJ change from magenta means they are not or my SJ is defective.  I think the SJ is fine I just need to ensure in find a network on a DHCP server.  Should I go ahead and update the firmware?

What happens when you hook up a laptop set to DHCP ? On the same Ethernet connection ? 
Do you get an IP then ? or does the dhcp request only get answered in a wifi connection ?

Updating the software never hurts

15 hours ago, The_Dude_31 said:

I get an IP when I do that.

Let me guess.. Plugging straight into the Router?.. Some routers wont allow the SharkJack to get a IP straight from the router. It's that way with my NightHawk.. I have to pass a line through to my 8-Port Switch, then plug the SharkJack into that to get a IP from the DHCP Server on my Router.. 

So attempt that too if you can..

Archived