Only ipv6 from tetra

r3a50n

Need some help here.

I just received a pineapple tetra but I can't get an IPv4 address. I've used the AC adapter, and the USB Y cable. It boots and gets the blue light. It gets an IPv6 address which I can ping. If I manually assign 172.16.42.42 I can ping that, but not 172.16.42.1 nor can I get the web console (and yes I'm adding the port). I've tried this on different versions of Kali, Ubuntu, and Windows 10 all with the same result. I have let the device boot first before plugging in the USB. I tried running the wp6.sh script. Using the advanced option I can get it to see the device. The other options don't. I also can't seem to find it when I plug in the RJ45 to the network (ARP and Nmap scans don't pick up any new addresses). The pineapple SSIDs do show up in the WiFi list. I've tried resetting using the button. It seems to do nothing. The lights don't even change.

Did I get a bad one or is there something else I can try?

On 12/12/2019 at 10:15 PM, Jtyle6 said:

If you used the y-cable it tetra should give you an ip address.

the ethernet Jack plug on the back is looking for a DHCP ip from your home network.

It doesn't give me an IPv4. It just gives an IPv6 when I use the y-cable. I can't find the device at all with the ethernet plugged in. 

23 hours ago, r3a50n said:

Well the part where I plug it in yes, but I can't do the setup because I can't get an IPAddress. I've also emailed support but so far no reply. 

So you plug the part into your ETH1 or UART via your Y cable?
Are you sure you put it not over UART?
Connect the pineapple with the Y cable on ETH1 !
Then youcome to the web interface when finished booting with 172.16.42.1:1471

I've never had that before .... try it if it doesn't help you now (my guess is you plug the Y cable into UART)

ifconfig eth1 down
ifconfig eth1 172.16.42.105 up

The IP assignment of the last number does not matter, it should just not be the .1 because that's the pineapple

On 12/20/2019 at 10:45 AM, Olaf Mufjay said:

So you plug the part into your ETH1 or UART via your Y cable?
Are you sure you put it not over UART?
Connect the pineapple with the Y cable on ETH1 !
Then youcome to the web interface when finished booting with 172.16.42.1:1471

I've never had that before .... try it if it doesn't help you now (my guess is you plug the Y cable into UART)

ifconfig eth1 down
ifconfig eth1 172.16.42.105 up

The IP assignment of the last number does not matter, it should just not be the .1 because that's the pineapple

It's plugged into ETH1 not UART. I've double checked that multiple times. Web interface still won't come up. 

• 2 years later...

Archived