Pineapple 2.4 wifi hacker?

Sandpiper

I am a straight-up newbie here, not as tech savvy as most of you. Please be patient and kind. I have a serious question!

H is a WIFI expert and I believe he has hacked into my computer using a pineapple from Hak5. We are presently going through divorce.

He hasn't fully left and comes and goes from our home as he pleases.

I believe he wants an upper hand to my plans with lawyers, and my family.

Here' why I believe he is hacking...

I notice "pineapple 2.4" as my wifi connection, not at all the name of my wifi. I only see it when he works from home.

I also noticed the same, at the pool we go to in the summer.

I want to block this access tool, AND any other devices that I might need to know about!

Please help a sister out and tell me how I can successfully do this?

And remember...I am not as tech savvy as y'all are. But I can work my way around a computer pretty well.

I help my friends out, when their computers are acting up or the need to fix something.

20 hours ago, Sandpiper said:

I am a straight-up newbie here, not as tech savvy as most of you. Please be patient and kind. I have a serious question!

H is a WIFI expert and I believe he has hacked into my computer using a pineapple from Hak5. We are presently going through divorce.

He hasn't fully left and comes and goes from our home as he pleases.

I believe he wants an upper hand to my plans with lawyers, and my family.

Here' why I believe he is hacking...

I notice "pineapple 2.4" as my wifi connection, not at all the name of my wifi. I only see it when he works from home.

I also noticed the same, at the pool we go to in the summer.

I want to block this access tool, AND any other devices that I might need to know about!

Please help a sister out and tell me how I can successfully do this?

And remember...I am not as tech savvy as y'all are. But I can work my way around a computer pretty well.

I help my friends out, when their computers are acting up or the need to fix something.

First thing to do if you have been compromised like this is to go buy an external hard drive and take all your important files , pictures ,videos etc from the PC and put it on to the external hard drive.

Reset your laptop back to factory (wipe everything from it) so to wipe any malicious software or similar.

Any emails services , banking services that you might have been using on the PC etc... change all your passwords (don't have them all using the same password either)

Next thing is learn how the WiFi pineapple is working from either HAK5 on YouTube or on this platform.

If it was me i would try to get in to the WiFi pineapple to see what it is doing or do a firmware upgrade to the WiFi pineapple and login in to it using the default credentials and maybe learning how to reverse the attack 😉

Consider never connecting to the WiFi pineapple network again and change your computer login credentials to something different than before.

Your phone might be compromised as well so do the same thing to that which is take all your important stuff of it and factory reset (wipe it clean)

Remember don't get mad get even 🙂

Consider following the advice given above by PhillipM.

As for blocking the AP, if you're using Windows OS, open an admin command prompt and enter these commands:

netsh wlan add filter permission=block ssid="WIFI NAME" networktype=infrastructure

This will "blacklist" pineapple 2.4 from your wifi list and should stop it from connecting. Should H ever change the ssid of his AP, you'll have to add the new name with the same command.

To remove / undo blacklisting, just replace "add" with "delete".

If the computer you have is only being used at home and not taken outside the house, you can add a "filter" to whitelist your home network's AP to only connect to the device and everything else will be blacklisted. *In other words, your computer will only see / connect to the home network.

netsh wlan add filter permission=allow ssid="WIFI NAME" networktype=infrastructure

netsh wlan add filter permission=denyall networktype=infrastructure

To remove / undo the "whitelisting", simply replace "add" with "delete".

Archived