feature request or tech discussion re de-dupes

luke776

First off, this amazing box is outstanding and perfect for capturing installs of out of box equipment when I build tech/field docs for installers/techs.  I've got a 256GB MicroSD and I run 5 second picture captures.   The de-dupe is great, but I'm sending so much data up to my VPS, it's going to be an issue if I leave for a month and don't unplug the box.

So I know there's image tools to de-dupe, but is there a way to mask areas in the display out so they never get uploaded if only a clock is changing?   I could take 1 image a day or some other variable.

I suppose I could take a look at the configs and learn that on my own, but then I'd forget to post it here for others to use.

Good to hear that the Screen Crab is working out for you.

Regarding advanced deduplication like you mentioned, that's a cool idea but wouldn't be possible on the device itself out of the box - at least not with its current software. We'll absolutely take the feature request under consideration though.

On Cloud C2 the server side this could imagine a new feature which would allow you to assign a threshold by which the two images must match in order to be deduplicated. For instance, if 90% of the two images haven't changed then dedupe. That too we'll consider.

Just so that I understand you correctly, you're looking to dedupe on server, not on device?

If you're looking to get the most from your 256 GB MicroSD card, in addition to the deduplication option I recommend setting the log rotate feature.

Thank you for the prompt reply.  

De-Duping on the Cloud C2 server is fine.   I think I can actually figure that out myself.  

I apologize for not getting into the machine and looking to see how the magic happens, but is there a way we could map which parts of the screen are captured in the crab itself?     Out of all the 1080p screen real estate, there's only a small window which I really need to capture.   

Being able to paste in new payloads via C2 is really handy.  

Archived