Would downgrading help?

gravityzero

An issue I'm having with openvpn appears to be related to the latest openvpn version released.
Is there anyway to downgrade this software, or remove and reinstall an older version?  Same question for iptables?

I'm fairly certain a local opkg install is possible, so can I download an older package and manually install?
If this is not at all possible, please let me know.

I know that WiFi Pineapple Firmware falls in line with openwrt software, so maybe this would involve a firmware downgrade.
Trying to identify why openvpn connection is power cycling the tetra.  All I know is the same setup is still working on my nano, with the older program versions.
Anyways, just throwing some ideas around.

• 3 weeks later...

I too had some issues related to PineAP that required downgrading to vs 2.5.4.  I found this method to be the easiest method, especially if the Pineapple's default IP address is not available on your network.  https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360025819673-Manual-Firmware-Installation

When I first bought my pineapple, I updated it to the newest (2.6.x) and had all sorts of issues and it locking up, and corrupted data being written to PineAP's captured SSID list.  Downgrading to 2.5.4 solved those problems.  A few months later, after all the modules were updated, I tried to update the system again.  Had issues so I'm staying at 2.5.4 for at least the next 6 months.

Archived