IRC Down

moonlit

• 2 weeks later...

IRC Has been moved to freenode.

A lot of us dont like this move and have a petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/hak5irc/

(just ignore the donation thing, your signature gets added anyway)

You can still get on brainkill's server, a bunch of us still there, connect to 72.20.28.130

re:

Topic» (In an effort to cut hosting costs and provide a more reliable chat experience the irc.hak5.org DNS entry will forward to Freenode tomorrow. Funds to be reallocated to a dedicated shout/icecast GigE server. Thank you for your patience and continued trust in technolust. Questions? Contact Wess or Darren.)

Stability wasn't the main issue for me. Running the IRC on a server with some extremely dubious/criminal activity's linked to it was though. However, I've not had time for IRC for some time & know nothing of freenode so I really know whats going on.

BK's so called "activities" were no preformed on the hak5 server. Freenode is a POS... #hak5 may as well go back to where it started #hak5 on efnet rather than wasting time on freenode if people are stupid enough to think that the change is really gonna benefit