How Do I Send A Message Via Ip Address Over Internet?

hsncorrosion

Well, most people I know who do this use a rarely heard of program called Windows Live Messenger. :) Personally that program isn't leet enough for me so I use Gaim. You don't even need their IP, just their hotmail address. Its wonderful, its got tons more features than telnet chat, too. :wink:

P.S. Damn you Sparda you beat me to it.

I wonder if it's me you're after? I was talking to my self inside of your chat room since no one was online. btw I like it, it's telnet, and a chatroom, attractive for some reason

Who ever it was, was messing around saying that they hacked the white house and that the ip was 127.0.0.1 (of course its not, thats a local ip) but some people emailed me asking if this person was going to hack them, they did not know that the ip he posted was the local ip of every windows pc.

I don't really have a problem with it, but that fact that people thought that they were exposed for chating in my chat room, kind of got to me. So if it wuz you plz don't go around saying that your a hacker (as far as government goes anyway)

wow! can't beleve i didnt think of that thanx

Did you also not think of the possibility that the ISP might assign IP addresses dynamically.

ooops :oops:

Nope, forgot about that too. shit, oh well the guys a fake anyway so who cares. I'm not conserned about it anymore. Thanx for the help

There is no way to keep people out of some thing that open to the whole Internet.

The best option is to force people to have an account before they can start using it, or at least register before they can start saying/posting stuff (case and point: this forum) but that won't stop any one really, just slow them down and deter them (case and point: the spammers on this forum). This, intern, inconveniences the genuine users. It's the old Security Vs Convenience battle ;)

There is no way to keep people out of some thing that open to the whole Internet.

The best option is to force people to have an account before they can start using it, or at least register before they can start saying/posting stuff (case and point: this forum) but that won't stop any one really, just slow them down and deter them (case and point: the spammers on this forum). This, intern, inconveniences the genuine users. It's the old Security Vs Convenience battle ;)

yeah but u can try ...

for example i can ip ban spammers that spam my shoutbox on the clansite and redirect em (the human one's to meatspin[.]com and the bots to a trap on http://www.searchbliss.com/spambot/spambot-stopper.asp

however once the human spammers renew theire ip and delete the site cookie (something they luckily seem to forget or not b able to) the will haveacces again ....

the bots luckily havent gotten back yet since banning the ips and trapping em on that page ruining the spammer's mail list ... .