A question about installing nubuntu

Ain_Soph_Aur

I did a simple forum search on installing nubuntu, but didnt find any. So I ask insted.

I got this nubuntu live cd. Yes, I have tryed out what they say on the nubuntu site, but still cant get it installed.

I know there is someone on this forum that have installed it. But I cant get it to install GRUB. And it's kinda vital for the installation to complete :)

So, my question is: Do you have to partison the disk yourself, of did you just use the defaults? And, one more thing, what did you put in that little button at the "end of configuration" site. That little button that says (hd0) as default...

Thanks for reading and answering this topic. And if the answer is out there, pls point me to it.

This is how I do it:

Boot up live cd

Getting my wireless connection up en running by using the:

- sudo iwconfig wlan0 ap xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

- sudo ifconfig eth0 up

- sudo ifconfig wlan0 up

Downloading ubiquity with:

- sudo apt-get install ubiquity

Running:

- startx

Opening new terminal for running:

- sudo ubiquity

The app starts and I select the needed config and end up at a summory page where it is a button for typing inn the location for GRUB to be installed.

I got a SCSI disk in this laptop, tryed to type /dev/sda, /dev/sda1, /dev/sd0 and loads of things. I even tryed to partition the disk manualy to see what the boot partition is on. Even made a small 20-30Mb disk for GRUB to be installed on to, but it seem to get the same problem every time.

It might be that I config the partitions wrong, but that means that ubiquity is also doing the same error as me...

Can someone pls tell me what partitions is needed for installing nubuntu. I can handle cfdisk as it is similar to fdisk...

This is how I do it:

Boot up live cd

Getting my wireless connection up en running by using the:

- sudo iwconfig wlan0 ap xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

- sudo ifconfig eth0 up

- sudo ifconfig wlan0 up

Downloading ubiquity with:

- sudo apt-get install ubiquity

Running:

- startx

Opening new terminal for running:

- sudo ubiquity

The app starts and I select the needed config and end up at a summory page where it is a button for typing inn the location for GRUB to be installed.

I got a SCSI disk in this laptop, tryed to type /dev/sda, /dev/sda1, /dev/sd0 and loads of things. I even tryed to partition the disk manualy to see what the boot partition is on. Even made a small 20-30Mb disk for GRUB to be installed on to, but it seem to get the same problem every time.

It might be that I config the partitions wrong, but that means that ubiquity is also doing the same error as me...

Can someone pls tell me what partitions is needed for installing nubuntu. I can handle cfdisk as it is similar to fdisk...

well the installer does give you everything you need except grub so I'd say try installing that on it's own.

Tryed to install it into the MBR too. but no luck. The reson I use GRUB, is that ubiquity uses it, and ubuntu installation use it. I have tryed to install ubuntu firste, then nubuntu, but that just messes up the GRUB already installed...

Setupcon is not able to run...