Not able to access Tetra set up

Hi, I have spent some time trying to set up the Tetra but with no luck.  I have a solid blue light on the Tetra, but I just can't access the web interface at 172.16.42.1:1471 (times out mainly in the browser). I have tried in Firefox on two different PC's, and also in Kali.

The USB Ethernet adapter does show in Windows 10 - but not Kali. It was set to automatically receive an IP address, but I also tried setting the IP address to both 172.16.42.1 and also 172.16.42.42 (based on some forum posts I read). Again, no joy.

When setting the IP address manually to 172.16.42.1, I can ping the device in Windows. I can't ping it when it is set to automatically receive an address. Ifconfig on Kali does not show the device at all.

Not being experienced with the routers, I am now out of ideas.  I have been through the forums, and can see people have similar issues, but I couldn't find a post that explains how the issue was solved. If you can help me here, I would be very grateful.

To sum, I have the Tetra powered and it shows in the win10 network adapters - but no matter what I do, I can't access 172.16.42.1:1471 in a browser.  As I say, I am out of ideas, but a little part of me feels that something is blocking the browser from accessing the Tetra. I have also tried turning the firewall and anti virus off, just in case.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Seej said:

Hi, I have spent some time trying to set up the Tetra but with no luck.  I have a solid blue light on the Tetra, but I just can't access the web interface at 172.16.42.1:1471 (times out mainly in the browser). I have tried in Firefox on two different PC's, and also in Kali.

The USB Ethernet adapter does show in Windows 10 - but not Kali. It was set to automatically receive an IP address, but I also tried setting the IP address to both 172.16.42.1 and also 172.16.42.42 (based on some forum posts I read). Again, no joy.

When setting the IP address manually to 172.16.42.1, I can ping the device in Windows. I can't ping it when it is set to automatically receive an address. Ifconfig on Kali does not show the device at all.

Not being experienced with the routers, I am now out of ideas.  I have been through the forums, and can see people have similar issues, but I couldn't find a post that explains how the issue was solved. If you can help me here, I would be very grateful.

To sum, I have the Tetra powered and it shows in the win10 network adapters - but no matter what I do, I can't access 172.16.42.1:1471 in a browser.  As I say, I am out of ideas, but a little part of me feels that something is blocking the browser from accessing the Tetra. I have also tried turning the firewall and anti virus off, just in case.

Thanks.

...I'm also getting intermittent 'USB device has malfunctioned' when I connect to a PC. I tried a factory reset after it had booted and nothing happens - just stays a solid blue light.

Hi Void-Byte,

That was my initial thought too - but I've tried all variants of power - from USB power x 2, to the Anker batteries Hak5 sell for the Tetra, and mains. I settled on the mains and USB together, and the blue light is stable, but I get no further.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

Seej

Archived