stammisheo

Dose pineapple fits my needs?

Hi,

I’m new to the wifi world and I’m looking for a device that:

1 – can be a wifi hotspot

2 – have a strong wifi transmitter (for evil twin)

3 – can start (and stop) wifi network with provided ssid, name, ip (for evil twin)

4 – can start multiple wifi networks (multiple evil twins) – at least 5

5 – I can do all the above using python code (no user interface, no c++)

So, dose pineapple fits my needs?

If so, where should I start?

If not, can you recommend other devices?

Thanks!

About point 4 – if the device can only create 2-3 networks – it can be acceptable if I can manage several devices from a one “master” device \ mini-computer \ raspberry pi.

The WiFi pineapple would do a lot of what your wanting.  But given how specific your needs are and especially #5 (doing all with python) have you considered using something like a raspberry pi with multiple adapters the managing it over SSH, VNC, etc ? 

Someone else might shed more light on how well it would feel your needs but they are very detailed.  The pineapple was designed around use of the GUI interface.  Yes, you can SSH into the pineapple but I'm not sure how well that would work for what all you are wanting to do.  

9 hours ago, stammisheo said:

About point 4 – if the device can only create 2-3 networks – it can be acceptable if I can manage several devices from a one “master” device \ mini-computer \ raspberry pi.

Manage multiple pineapples?  Management of clients would be done from the pineapple interface itself.  Are you looking implement devices at several locations then manage them all from one master interface?  Little more detail on this would be helpful.

Edited by Cap_Sig

7 hours ago, Cap_Sig said:

have you considered using something like a raspberry pi with multiple adapters the managing it over SSH, VNC, etc ? 

I was thinking about it as well. However I'm not a wifi expert and I'm not sure how "strong" the signal a raspberry pi can make to be an effective evil twin. Do you (or someone else here) have some experience with that?

Thank you!

5 hours ago, stammisheo said:

I was thinking about it as well. However I'm not a wifi expert and I'm not sure how "strong" the signal a raspberry pi can make to be an effective evil twin. Do you (or someone else here) have some experience with that?

Thank you!

You would need to use external adapters.  The internal card a pi 3 works but only at short ranges well.  It makes a great management AP for doing a headless pi.  Several Alfa cards are compatible with Kali Pi right out of the box.  I have done a lot of testing/builds with the AWUS036NH.  But if you need something for 5 GHz then maybe look at the AWUS036NHA.

3 hours ago, Cap_Sig said:

You would need to use external adapters.  The internal card a pi 3 works but only at short ranges well.  It makes a great management AP for doing a headless pi.  Several Alfa cards are compatible with Kali Pi right out of the box.  I have done a lot of testing/builds with the AWUS036NH.  But if you need something for 5 GHz then maybe look at the AWUS036NHA.

Thank you mate!

BTW, do you know if i can plug multiple cards to a pi board? or I should get a pi board per card (aka per network)? 

1 hour ago, stammisheo said:

Thank you mate!

BTW, do you know if i can plug multiple cards to a pi board? or I should get a pi board per card (aka per network)? 

You can use multiple adapters on one raspberry pi.  The only thing you have to watch is more than two adapters you better use a USB powered hub.

15 hours ago, Cap_Sig said:

You can use multiple adapters on one raspberry pi.  The only thing you have to watch is more than two adapters you better use a USB powered hub.

Thank you!