Antenna/LNA

noxyucT

Fellas, I am planing on testing tetra's potential in a country with fairly relaxed regulations on transmitter power, however, I am new to the whole antenna game. What piqued my curiosity is the omni biquad antenna. Has anyone used those? What would be a good choice for LNA? ANY guidance is much appreciated.

Antenna selection is based on what you are trying to do.  Directional, omni, something in between?   If you plan to have "more power" with just antennas then you are looking for EIRP output.  Depending on the rules in that country amplifiers are another option as well.  

6 hours ago, Cap_Sig said:

Antenna selection is based on what you are trying to do.  Directional, omni, something in between?   If you plan to have "more power" with just antennas then you are looking for EIRP output.  Depending on the rules in that country amplifiers are another option as well.  

The plan is to capture PMKIDs. First in an open space and then with added obstacles including a Faraday cage. Antenna - omni biquad is what I wanna play around with. Country regulations are more relaxed than U.S. (as long as you stay within your property the amp power is negotiable) so I am planning to include the amp as well. Are there any parameters that i need to observe/match when picking the right amps and antennas? Any particular devices the community can suggest?

On 11/12/2019 at 1:14 PM, noxyucT said:

as long as you stay within your property the amp power is negotiable

I'm curious as to how this exactly works.

Antenna - omni biquad is what I wanna play around with

There are good DIY build guides or complete options available.  Really just depends what you want to spend.

so I am planning to include the amp as well. Are there any parameters that i need to observe/match when picking the right amps and antennas?

If you buy an amp solid for WiFi use then you should be fine.  If you are looking to buy an amp of larger sizes you will have to look at impedance, frequency, input and output power, etc to match the amp to the transmitter/antenna used. 

• 1 month later...

Archived