Lost hope after update

asdfkjbn

Hello staff/dev's/enthusiasts

I have lost hope for the nano 2 years ago after i couldn't get it to work
but then a few days ago i saw there were a LOT of updates so i decided to update, and see maybe my issues were fixed.
so it tool me 30 min to get it connected and then i downloaded the update trough the web interface.
this is where everything goes Banana's, i can no longer see a network interface from the nano on my windows machine,
after a few restarts i gave up and tried doing it from the access point, it won't give me a valid ip address so i still can't access the web interface for setup
nor trough console
please, i want to believe in this product, what should i do?.

How many people do you think own one of these with the same problems your having?  Just curious what the total $$$ is on that.  I blew $100 on the Mark V so that's one.  Used to be fun on the forums, learning, trying new things.  Now it's just a lot of problems.  It used to be fun to help people but since the newest firmware breaks everything and I refuse to upgrade...I can't really help anyone anymore.  Heck when's the last time you saw a hak5 episode that actually taught you something?  I miss the good old days...

Sorry wish I could help.  It'd be nice if someone would ship me a nano so I could mess with it.

22 hours ago, asdfkjbn said:

Hello staff/dev's/enthusiasts

I have lost hope for the nano 2 years ago after i couldn't get it to work
but then a few days ago i saw there were a LOT of updates so i decided to update, and see maybe my issues were fixed.
so it tool me 30 min to get it connected and then i downloaded the update trough the web interface.
this is where everything goes Banana's, i can no longer see a network interface from the nano on my windows machine,
after a few restarts i gave up and tried doing it from the access point, it won't give me a valid ip address so i still can't access the web interface for setup
nor trough console
please, i want to believe in this product, what should i do?.

I find it's best to use the nano if you are directly plugging it into a machine, under a Linux OS. You could also try a different update image and retry the firmware install. I'm kind of tired right now and know there is other ways to do the install but can't put my tongue to the correct wording. 

But anyways, you could always try a android phone with the app to reset things at minimum. If it's giving you a network to connect to try finding the default gateway in cmd prompt using the "ipconfig" command once you connect. The open a browser and connect to the address given to you as the "default gateway" after entering that command under windows cmd prompt. 

I still don't recommend windows for any tinkering that has to do with this device, but that is obviously just a opinion on my part.

Super easy to just load a live USB image to a random drive to try the other way tho 🙂

12 minutes ago, nickelz34 said:

I find it's best to use the nano if you are directly plugging it into a machine, under a Linux OS. You could also try a different update image and retry the firmware install

i have some experience with Linux although minimal, i will try to update different image (Version right?) , what version would you recommend\recon is the most stable? 
thanks for the advice:)

Start with firmware 2.5.0, others have had issues with one thing or anotherthing, when on newer versions of the firmware releases. Some issues could be a windows or Linux thing. But some could also be operator error. Anytime you factory reset or reinstall a firmware on these things, if your connecting through wifi you can't rely on any settings in OS that would assist in a automated connection. 

Not saying this is your fault or problem for sure but sometimes it's the simple things we look over, that also mean much more in the end. 

30 minutes ago, nickelz34 said:

Not saying this is your fault or problem for sure but sometimes it's the simple things we look over, that also mean much more in the end. 

it's fine trust me i have an history with overlooking things XD
will start with firmware 2.5 on Linux and report status.

Yes start in the lower fw version range then try the modules you want to install. I can't vouch for all modules being able to install and work perfectly on each version of firmware you try, but I can say that some work perfectly (possibly most of them or all) on the lower firmware versions before the updates. 

Keep in mind that the firmware version may be compatible with certain modules, only because Developers of the modules, rewrote or created the modules for that firmware. In example; if said module version is 1.0 and works on firmware 2.5.0. That does not mean the developer recompiled or updates their module to work on firmware 2.5.1. These are extras, so that depend on the creators of such modules, to properly update their creations with each firmware revision “update ". 

update: Ok so after testing on Linux (newest version of the pineapple) the network adapter is visible, tough currently deauthentication isn't working (on my network)

update2: after doing setup on Linux network adapter shows on windows as well

update3: deauthentication works when targeting single device while a when targeting a network still doesn't work

make sure your network is only a 2.5ghz network . I have deauthed devices capable of using 2.5 Ghz and 5 Ghz, and because the router was broadcasting both bands from what I could see the only thing that happened was the deauthed 2.5 Ghz connected device just moved to the 5 Ghz network (depending on signal strength to the 5 Ghz network). Other things i have noticed that helped was to increase the deauth packets being sent when using a deauth script or sending deauth packets to a client.

Unless of course you have setup your pineapple to work off both bands based on what you are trying to do . Which i wont say you can or cant do because its possible but im feeling like your thinking ( i deauthed this device it should be unable to connect ) . Sometimes i would send deauths that were not so aggressive ( less packets ) but the device would disconnect and reconnect so quickly,  i never saw much other than the device just being connected the whole time. Other times ive deauthed devices within close proximity with no prob. and same amount of packets being sent per second .

18 hours ago, asdfkjbn said:

update: Ok so after testing on Linux (newest version of the pineapple) the network adapter is visible, tough currently deauthentication isn't working (on my network)

update2: after doing setup on Linux network adapter shows on windows as well

update3: deauthentication works when targeting single device while a when targeting a network still doesn't work

That's good! 

And deauthing clients is usually better for me then trying to deauth a router. I would think that targeting the router in order to deauth all the clients would be better, but I've really only gotten that to work mostly with older routers

Archived