Sorry need help

nikmel420

Do I still need pay buy a web hosting site. Or did I misunderstand and can do yourself. Anyway I just want a pi to leave costintaly on to act as a server. I'm really confused by this. I can't find a specific three to set a pi as a server. C2 cloud on pi for dummy's type thing

You need a server (pi would work just fine) to host the cloud platform.  Then you need either a dedicated IP or a service like No-IP or DynDNS to resolve your address.  This is all that is required to make C2 work.  

There are additional setup steps required like loading the config file on the device.  I am actually working on a write up to do this with a desktop running linux and a raspberry pi setup.  I can confirm that Debian machine with C2 loaded using No-IP service does work.

On 10/22/2019 at 4:02 PM, Dice said:

I am currently in the position i can get a 'free' Aws micro machine set up, would that suffice ? 

If so, how to configure ? 

Sorry, 42% noob on this part

You will need to have it configured with a Windows, Mac, or Linux OS to then run the executable file for Cloud C2.  I would recommend Linux if you are starting out with a fresh system as it will require the least hardware overhead.  

I have not set one up on an AWS machine so as for details on doing so I'm not sure but if I remember correctly they support Debian so I would suggest looking into that route for setup.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 2:02 PM, Dice said:

I am currently in the position i can get a 'free' Aws micro machine set up, would that suffice ? 

If so, how to configure ? 

Sorry, 42% noob on this part

You can also use services like Linode or Digital Ocean to spin up VM's. They are very cheap (around $5 USD / month). If you spin up an Ubuntu server you can use my guide here.

• 1 month later...

To run the server on your PC, you need knowledge and experience. You will need special programs and settings to ensure stable server operation:
- configure Apache + PHP + MySQL;
- distribution of Core ISOs;
- setting the IP address.
To monitor the server and collect statistics, use this instruction host-tracker.com/Blog/server_m If there are any other questions, then ask them, I will help you.

3 minutes ago, Gwozd said:

To run the server on your PC, you need knowledge and experience. You will need special programs and settings to ensure stable server operation:
- configure Apache + PHP + MySQL;
- distribution of Core ISOs;
- setting the IP address.
To monitor the server and collect statistics, use this instruction host-tracker.com/Blog/server_m If there are any other questions, then ask them, I will help you.

A little bit, some stuff is needed.

Archived