SSLSplit - Working on latest firmware (2.6.x)

Zylla

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Factory reset and only installed the SSLsplitNG module manually. sslsplit -h works but I am still unable to start it from the gui. It tries and then just goes back to the start option. Is there a default log file somewhere I can look at to see why it cant start?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Charbot said:

I had the same results by following the video.  Try following the original directions for installing the module. That worked for me... but I also had to manually create the log file.  Then it was good.  

Where did you create the logfile? Maybe it wont start until thats done?

9 hours ago, Charbot said:

Yeah it wouldn’t start without the log file.
I forget exactly( don’t have the nano handy) but I’m pretty sure it is in the main sslsplitng folder.      /modules/SSLsplitNG

I created a connections.log file in that directory and unfortunately Im still in the same boat...

I appreciate your help so far @Charbot

I figured it out. Here are some simplified instructions to get sslsplit installed on the Tetra with fw 2.6.2:

ssh to your pineapple
cd /tmp
wget https://github.com/adde88/SSLSplitNG/archive/1.6.tar.gz
tar -zxvf 1.6.tar.gz
mkdir /pineapple/modules/SSLsplitNG
cd SSLsplitNG-1.6/
cp -r * /pineapple/modules/SSLsplitNG
mkdir /pineapple/modules/SSLsplitNG/log

You should now be able to start and run sslsplit from the gui as well as the cli.

Hope this helps some others!

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 7:29 PM, inzel said:

I figured it out. Here are some simplified instructions to get sslsplit installed on the Tetra with fw 2.6.2:

ssh to your pineapple
cd /tmp
wget https://github.com/adde88/SSLSplitNG/archive/1.6.tar.gz
tar -zxvf 1.6.tar.gz
mkdir /pineapple/modules/SSLsplitNG
cd SSLsplitNG-1.6/
cp -r * /pineapple/modules/SSLsplitNG
mkdir /pineapple/modules/SSLsplitNG/log

You should now be able to start and run sslsplit from the gui as well as the cli.

Hope this helps some others!

This initially worked for me, but like others I have the problem that SSLsplit is being started and then won't start (like the video that was posted). The solution from the previous post initially worked for me, but after switching between modules it went back to the "not starting issue" again. 

Does anyone have any ideas what may cause this??

I'm running a Nano with FW 2.6.2 using SSLSplit 1.6. I've already reinstalled the certificate. Reinstalling the app causes the above mentioned situation.

Thank you for your hard work. 

In your guide you are mixing installing it to internal memory with SD card:

1) Installing it internally you need to have the the link creating the other way around(and the `-s` option should be without the space):

ln [OPTIONS] TARGET... LINK|DIR
ln -s /pineapple/modules/SSLsplitNG /sd/modules/SSLsplitNG

2) If you are installing it on sd card then you ln command is correct but then you need different mkdir & cp destination

mkdir /sd/modules/SSLsplitNG
cp -r * /sd/modules/SSLsplitNG

I  have also found out that cloning the repository and copying it with the .git directory to the main /pineapple/modules causes the nano to reset to factory settings.  I did not dig deeper into this issue but, was kind of surprised that this happened.

On 2/10/2020 at 10:54 AM, jackTheSignal said:

Thank you for your hard work. 

In your guide you are mixing installing it to internal memory with SD card:

1) Installing it internally you need to have the the link creating the other way around(and the `-s` option should be without the space):

ln [OPTIONS] TARGET... LINK|DIR

ln -s /pineapple/modules/SSLsplitNG /sd/modules/SSLsplitNG

2) If you are installing it on sd card then you ln command is correct but then you need different mkdir & cp destination

mkdir /sd/modules/SSLsplitNG
cp -r * /sd/modules/SSLsplitNG

I  have also found out that cloning the repository and copying it with the .git directory to the main /pineapple/modules causes the nano to reset to factory settings.  I did not dig deeper into this issue but, was kind of surprised that this happened.

Hey Jack,

Yeah about that... Kinda stupid of me not to mention that I did in fact change the config to match the config of the nano in order to get it working ;-D.

The thing is, it starts off with working pretty much okay, but if you switch screens, refresh the output or even enable auto-start the SSLSplit stops working entirely. When rebooting the Nano and starting the SSLSplit module it will start and then stop again. Kinda like he's saying "yeah let's start, yeah I don't think so". 

If I do the manual install based on the mentioned suggestion and edit the config to match the nano it will initially start once!

Let me know if you need any output or other material to help me figure out what's going on with the module.

• 1 month later...

3 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>7E1895AF1141FAEF</RequestId><HostId>EqB8Mlq6xYnmpweRqgz7khDUEtST/a1l2PnrIr0Y+pwXVqMtqkWrDTp5els+1sE3MDndTz0Cfao=</HostId></Error> 2020-04-05 13:59:13 UTC [143.204.178.98]:80 -> [172.16.42.187]:58384 (5): 0

3 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>

7E1895AF1141FAEF</RequestId><HostId>EqB8Mlq6xYnmpweRqgz7khDUEtST/a1l2PnrIr0Y+pwXVqMtqkWrDTp5els+1sE3MDndTz0Cfao=</HostId>

</Error> 2020-04-05 13:59:13 UTC [143.204.178.98]:80 -> [172.16.42.187]:58384 (5): 0

• 2 months later...

Any HELP!!!

I used tar file (WinSCP) to copy SSLsplitNG and PUTTY to install in pineapple (NANO) on SD and all appears well.  I can't seem to get any of dependency to load via the Pineapple. I get the choice to Install but just spins.  I have internet and all looks good.  Are there commands (PUTTY) I can put in to load dependency, ie "opkg install musl-fts -d sd" Any help appreciated.... thanks

• 4 months later...

There is a 404 error when installing dependencies, maybe a few changes for the nano:

mkdir -p /sd/modules/SSLsplitNG
cp -r * /sd/modules/SSLsplitNG/

ln -s /sd/modules/SSLsplitNG /pineapple/modules/SSLsplitNG

Finally 1 spelling error with the sym link 🙂

Trying to figure out how to fix the dependency error.. Still trying to learn how to read those scripts.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived