Going to be honest here

Xenios

I have had absolutely nothing but problems with this device. If i didnt need it for school i would have returned it ASAP. I have spent hours every week trying to get the damn thing to work just to use it for a class lab, between it randomly restarting, to it needing to be factory reset constantly for the internet to work, its just a giant headache. I will not be recommending this device to anyone.

Sounds like a possible corrupt firmware install.  What OS are you working with it in?  How are you connecting?  Did you do a OTA upgrade to 2.6.x firmware?

Try the following to see if it can solve a few of your issues.

1. Remove and reformat your SD cad
  2. Do a firmware recovery (NOT A RESET) with these instructions: https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360010471774-Firmware-Recovery  Be sure to use the firmware recovery bin and not a standard upgrade bin file
  3. Do initial configuration from a wired connection.
  4. Test core features of the nano to see if this fixes some issues

5. If issues seem better and you'd like to try new firmware, do a manual upgrade to firmware 2.5.4 using these instructions: https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360025819673-Manual-Firmware-Installation

Hopefully this helps!

I was on firmware 2.6.1 which gave me hell. I had to downgrade to 2.5.4 to try to get the modules I need installed for class, now my SD card wont get recognized at all even after formatting it on the pineapple and on window using FAT. I have done a firmware recovery and upgraded the firmware to the version needed with still not much luck with it not acting like a pile of crap. I just need to use EvilPortal and DNSMASQ but those wont even work.

Archived