Hacking Computer Systems

CyberMaster

Hi Team,

I am new Member hear and wanted to say Hi I am a security researcher and have over 3 years experience in computer security and love to learn new things and my aria of study is computer security and computer forensics and have 12 years knowledge in the computer industry anything from programming to forensics and computer security but I have one burning question:

I have used the tactics of social engineering and used Kali Linux to a intermediate / advanced level and comfortable using the tools, but I have 1 question I hope someone can clear up.

• Can you Hack a PC over the internet without a user clicking on a link or running a virus?
  • Get on to a domain without knowing the credentials 
  • Get Hacked if you are not even connected to the internet without physical access

for the purpose of my skills and research I am unable to answer this but hoping that someone may know the answer.

Thanks

• Can you Hack a PC over the internet without a user clicking on a link or running a virus?

Depends. If there are open ports, running vulnerable services, or through a web driveby targeted at the browser, maybe. But you will have to get code execution one way or the other, if you cant get a virus / payload onto the system, or exploit open port, no.

• Get on to a domain without knowing the credentials 

If you can get a foothold on a domain joined system, you dont have to have credentials. They help, and are good to have, but with a good enough exploit collection, credentials doesn't matter.

• Get Hacked if you are not even connected to the internet without physical access

No. If there no connection network, no internet, no radio based keyboard / mouse, and the system have restricted physical access, you're pretty safe.
But, that's still a system thats pretty hard to safeguard, and not very userfriendly 😉

just some random thoughts 😉

Hi KentJ,

Thank you for taking the time to reply and confirming what I thought already your input is much appreciated, and will help very much in my re-search and development in security research.

I will continue to invest in this area and develop new skills and develop new software.

I hope I am able to learn and help others also on my journey.

I’m a total noob.... but I imagine that if your story was true, then someone with that background wouldn’t need to ask those questions on here🤔 An they probably wouldn’t call themselves cybermaster...

I’m a total noob - Welcome to the subject

but I imagine that if your story was true, then someone with that background wouldn’t need to ask those questions on here - All questions are valid it is the only way of learning 3 years experience  is not not much in comparison to 13 years I am still learning however I have learned the processes and techniques of hacking but asking someone with more experience the basic questions are sometimes the best way to go back to to make sure you have not missed anything, that was why I was asking the question.

An they probably wouldn’t call themselves cybermaster... - Well to be honest my handle, Nickname what ever you want to call it is no more than a online handle like Biob.

Hack5 is a good starting point so you have come to the right place to learn.

Archived