Proxmark3 Easy .... yay or nay?

biob

Hey :)

Yeah, got one from work, and it's a pretty cool piece of toy. But its really not for beginners, so i've got a steep learning curve ahead of me :), as i'm only starting to have a look into the world of RFID, and don't get much time to play with it at work ;), but it's on my to do list ;)

I would say, if you're serious about looking into RFID research, a Proxmark is the way to go, and if you know you're going to use it in the field, I would go for a revision 4.01, with the battery option. (from lab401.com)

/Kent

A authentic proxmark goes for like $400 pretty exensive. A proxmark easy is considerably cheapper. But Ive heard it is not as good. But for the price you bought it its a steal. Considering the proxmark is built in China, a Chinese knockoff isnt that bad of a option. Less addons will fit with it though. 

2 hours ago, biob said:

Thanks guys,

I only intend using it at home. Just fancied learning about RFID. Need to jump start my brain😂

i had heard the clones lack some of the features🤔 

Should assist with working out if you have an original etc., hope this helps in some way.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:26 AM, Bigbiz said:

A authentic proxmark goes for like $400 pretty exensive. A proxmark easy is considerably cheapper. But Ive heard it is not as good. But for the price you bought it its a steal. Considering the proxmark is built in China, a Chinese knockoff isnt that bad of a option. Less addons will fit with it though. 

Hi buddy,

I noted your comments and focussed on 'Less addons will fit with it though' and was wondering to what you were referring?

Thank you

On 9/24/2019 at 2:35 AM, Cap_Sig said:

Heard the same thing when looking at getting one.  Just haven't invested in the full version yet...

Just got a 'clone' Prox3........£40 with all the bits, but yeah, I can see the Prox4 will be great......just too exsy at the mo.......let me know how you get on........😎

Archived