Wif Pineapple firmware issue, potential cause found

Xenios

With version 2.6.0 and later, SSLSplit and many other wifi pineapple modules are not fully installing when "install dependencies is selected".

So  here is the problem I believe, 2.6.0 firmware notes contain this:

“Update firmware base from OpenWRT 15.05 to OpenWRT 19.07.”

Moving from OpenWRT 15.05 to 19.07 is breaking the available packages that the pineapples package manager can find. In OpenWRT 19.07, SSLSplit is not available and the same goes for many other pineapple modules and their dependencies. To resolve this issue you will need to revert to firmware version 2.5.4

Hope this helps!

5 hours ago, brunomotta said:

I should just know which version of firmware is still ok for the modules. I tried some with no success. urlsnarf has not been updated for 2 years.... almost

This could be varying depending on what module.  Like you said, some modules have not been updated in a while.

Some users are report a firmware recovery (version 2.4.1) has been getting most modules back working.  But can not personally confirm.  Have been testing that status of modules on firmware 2.6.1 but base features in the firmware do seem to be working correctly.

12 minutes ago, brunomotta said:

urlsnarf is quote "update to 2.6.0" but just testing and not working. i am trying to see f there is a opkg doing the same and working with openWRT 19

Great.  Post your results here: 

Trying to keep a running log of module statuses for users looking to see what is currently working in firmware 2.6.x

On 9/13/2019 at 3:29 AM, Xenios said:

With version 2.6.0 and later, SSLSplit and many other wifi pineapple modules are not fully installing when "install dependencies is selected".

So  here is the problem I believe, 2.6.0 firmware notes contain this:

“Update firmware base from OpenWRT 15.05 to OpenWRT 19.07.”

This isn't an unknown problem, I've announced it in one of the (many) other threads about this issue, but I will state again: Hak5 do not write the community modules for the WiFi Pineapple platform. The responsibility to update them is with the module owner, but we usually will try to maintain compatibility if they break due to an update, as I have done for most of the modules by generating the packages they need.

The packages that these modules rely on used to be in the OpenWRT repos - they are not anymore.

I will continue to try and build the necessary packages when we can, but as these are not official Hak5 modules that ship with the firmware, there is no guarantee when they'll be available.

@Foxtrot

I was just thinking this to myself LOL .

thanks for anything towards this cause as i know you are just picking up slack where some have left off amongst other problems as well ! 🙂

@Zylla

Sometimes I feel like we have more unmedicated ADHD / ADD developers starting projects that they eventually bury with others LOL.

Wish I knew more about developing or coding, would love to just bury myself in it lol .

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 7:05 AM, Cap_Sig said:

@nickelz34 If you want to give it a try here is some basic info on making modules:

https://wiki.wifipineapple.com/#!creating_modules.md

Thanks for the info buddy!

On 10/2/2019 at 12:51 PM, Foxtrot said:

HELL YAH! This is STR8 TITS MAN ! I cant wait for the other modules coming next . At least the hardware is always the same , it must be a mofo to do this when devices are different and are somewhat cross platform with diff. drivers and hardware lol .

Archived