Airborne wifi survey system

253flo

11 minutes ago, Cap_Sig said:

I should get some time to dig into it with the next day.  Have you decided on a software to go with?  Still think kismet might be a good starting point with how well documented it is and the configuration options for channel selections on each adapter to give better coverage of the spectrum.

Thanks, as of now I'm going with kismet. However, today I did buy a Tetra, so I'll be interested in seeing what PineAP has to offer.

12 minutes ago, Cap_Sig said:

On this though, what kind of things would you want to do from the air transmitting?

The reason I ask is doing so from a moving airplane is probably not the most practical with stationary mounted antennas and the fact of having to always stay within range of a AP.  This could lead to some difficulty without some large power on the TX side or some sort of signal tracker antenna setup.

I haven't thought too much about what exactly I'd want to do but would think it would be cool to have the ability to deauth or run fluxion from the air.

Agreed it may not be easy, unless the aircraft flew a circle around the target which should be doable and ensuring the target is inside the horizontal and vertical beam width. I have seen an antenna on a gimbal doing this...clearly I'm far from that at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived