Should I Pull The Trigger or Wait?

Amandaville

I have had a Bash Bunny and a Wifi Pineapple Nano sitting in the checkout cart for several days.  I was going through the checkout process when I was distracted by another task.  When I came back to the computer, I decided to browse the forums briefly before completing my checkout.  What I found had me second guessing my pending purchase in it's entirety.  There seem to be a lot of unhappy Pineapple customers.  Apparently there are a lot of problems with the Pineapple Nano in particular.  Issues with the sdcard, random freezes, random shutdowns, overheating and other bugs.  My question is... Are these issues present in the Pineapple Tetra also?  If not, perhaps I should change my order to a Tetra.  Or should I avoid the Pineapple entirely until the bugs are worked out.  I really want one but not if it has all of these reported problems.  Hopefully someone can help clarify the current status of these devices.

2 hours ago, Amandaville said:

I have had a Bash Bunny and a Wifi Pineapple Nano sitting in the checkout cart for several days.  I was going through the checkout process when I was distracted by another task.  When I came back to the computer, I decided to browse the forums briefly before completing my checkout.  What I found had me second guessing my pending purchase in it's entirety.  There seem to be a lot of unhappy Pineapple customers.  Apparently there are a lot of problems with the Pineapple Nano in particular.  Issues with the sdcard, random freezes, random shutdowns, overheating and other bugs.  My question is... Are these issues present in the Pineapple Tetra also?  If not, perhaps I should change my order to a Tetra.  Or should I avoid the Pineapple entirely until the bugs are worked out.  I really want one but not if it has all of these reported problems.  Hopefully someone can help clarify the current status of these devices.

If you want/need/will use the devices, go for it.  I don't think a lot of people are unhappy with the devices.  Most of the "problems" you are referring to are just bugs being worked out with a major firmware update done recently that caused the need for updates across most of the modules for the pineapple.  The decision between the nano and tetra really depends on you needed implementation.  If its just for general use/enjoyment then let the price decide which is best for you at the time. 

Not all but a fair amount of issues are usually caused by misconfigured settings, improper firmware updates, etc that are not really flaws of the device but more lack of user knowledge of the device.  The best thing you can do is familiarize yourself with the documentation, forum discussion, etc when starting out.  And when in doubt, post your question in detail.  There are several knowledgeable members who are happy to help with issues that are not of the "norm" found in the official documentation for the devices.

Just my opinion but I hope it helps clarify some things for you!

Archived