Can't install zip

MuffinSmith

I'm having a strange issue and I don't know where to look from here. My pineapple is having an issue with installing the dependencies for the Papers module. From what I understand, the dependencies are just zip and unzip for transferring keys easily. I have unzip installed but zip comes up with an error every time. I can update the package lists just fine. I've gone as far as to manually flash the latest firmware and it still has the issue. WfyUJDA.jpg

I'm trying to install manually because I'm having issues installing dependencies for a few of the modules and am trying to find the root cause. The mod manager just says installing for a moment then stops and says the dependencies need to be installed. The Papers module works too, I just can't download my keys from it because it can't zip the files. 

I looked at the installDepends.sh file and its just the command opkg update; opkg intsall zip unzip

I can't figure out if there's a direct link to be able to install the package because that would solve my issue.

On 8/26/2019 at 2:37 PM, Just_a_User said:

@K2_Shadow @MuffinSmith

You can try this until a version for OpenWRT 19 gets built

wget https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.4/packages/mips_24kc/packages/zip_3.0-4_mips_24kc.ipk
opkg install zip_3.0-4_mips_24kc.ipk
rm root/zip_3.0-4_mips_24kc.ipk

I appriciate as a general forum user that you helped the the OP. While I understand and do support the early replies; the OP clearly had exhausted their knowedge and felt they were in a pickle. Offering a solution as you did will help them and other deconstruct their own understanding.  I applaud this behavior and hope you inspire others as you have inspired me.

On 8/29/2019 at 7:57 PM, Forkish said:

I appriciate as a general forum user that you helped the the OP. While I understand and do support the early replies; the OP clearly had exhausted their knowedge and felt they were in a pickle. Offering a solution as you did will help them and other deconstruct their own understanding.  I applaud this behavior and hope you inspire others as you have inspired me.

Agreed.

I'm glad @Just_a_User had a solution for there problem and offered help.  Mainly suggested posting in the Papers thread as it might have been seen by more users of the module who possibly had the same issue.  An active forum is good for everyone 👍

Archived