Offline video capture

Sec4Fun

What are the best settings for capturing every frame for a long time? (2 H meeting or even a work day.) 

I'd like to do "Video Capture" like "Save full motion video in MPEG4 format at 2, 4 or 16 Mbps quality and never miss a frame of the action".

All the settings I have seen and tested breaks up the video into segments.

Thanks!

Just got mine so haven't had time to mess with it yet but it sounds like you need to adjust the timing interval to better fit your needs.  I don't know if there is a setting for "infinite loop" on video as of right now.

Check this page for more info: https://docs.hak5.org/hc/en-us/articles/360034023353-Configuring-Screen-Crab-Capture-without-C2-

Might be in the works if not.  But would probably require a lot of storage at high res for a long interval...

None of these settings works out that well. Here are the best explanations I have found of the settings.

config_800x.png

I'm not able to capture any segment longer then a couple of seconds. It would be good to find some settings to capture at least 30 min to one hour per segment. It should fit in a 128G SD card.

Currently in the same boat, I have played around with the setting and currently only able to record a few minutes. The following is a quote that I got from the Hak5 support email however:

" Thanks for checking in!
You can record up to 10 minutes of video using the Screen Crab.  Feel free to check out the Forum to ask for tips and tricks on using the Screen Crab."

This will not help me to passively capture a session. I need to find another solution then. My understanding was that this would work as a video TAP with restrictions of the SD card, not missing any frame.

Putting this on the conference systems HDMI cable would have made it seamless and easy to use.

What settings should you use to capture 10 min of video?

@Sec4Fun You can configure the video recording duration in your config.txt using CAPTURE_INTERVAL <SECONDS> - it should work up to 10 minutes 

For example: CAPTURE_INTERVAL 60 should produce 1 minute long video files while in CAPTURE_MODE VIDEO (as opposed to it defining the time to wait between captures while in CAPTURE_MODE IMAGE)

Let me know if you're is still having trouble after trying a longer interval in the config

After some testing, I'm able to use these settings:
LED ON
CAPTURE_MODE VIDEO
STORAGE FILL
BUTTON EJECT
VIDEO_BITRATE HIGH
CAPTURE_INTERVAL 180

This creates files of almost 3 min video recordings. I was not successful to use the value 200 (or higher). I have not found any parameter to turn on the sound. Is this possible? 

I still like to capture longer sequences.

22 hours ago, Sec4Fun said:

After some testing, I'm able to use these settings:
LED ON
CAPTURE_MODE VIDEO
STORAGE FILL
BUTTON EJECT
VIDEO_BITRATE HIGH
CAPTURE_INTERVAL 180

This creates files of almost 3 min video recordings. I was not successful to use the value 200 (or higher). I have not found any parameter to turn on the sound. Is this possible? 

I still like to capture longer sequences.

Thanks - we've noted the feature request.

Archived