Firmware Upgrade Issue

daven2411

How can I upgrade the firmware from 3.0 to 3.1 when the reason for needing to upgrade is that the Packet Squirrel will not recognise NTFS formatted USB drives???

Catch 22 situation unless there is a way of manually doing the upgrade, bypassing the need to copy the .bin file to USB.

2 hours ago, daven2411 said:

How can I upgrade the firmware from 3.0 to 3.1 when the reason for needing to upgrade is that the Packet Squirrel will not recognise NTFS formatted USB drives???

Catch 22 situation unless there is a way of manually doing the upgrade, bypassing the need to copy the .bin file to USB.

Format Fat32/exFAT?

4 hours ago, daven2411 said:

Catch 22 situation unless there is a way of manually doing the upgrade, bypassing the need to copy the .bin file to USB

I have. Just follow the manual upgrade for Pineapple

From my experience, not even formatting it to ext4 worked. As others had suggested, going in via SSH and using the 'reformat_usb' command did the trick. Although that resulted in me having to copy the upgrade file over as root to the flash drive on a standalone PC using a GNU/Linux distro (Virtualbox was being a little buggy with mounting the drive to begin with).

Or just use the manual upgrade method for the WiFi Pineapple as suggested above. Less effort.

Archived